Chapter Twenty-four: Minutes Together

The alarm blared loudly as the four of us walked to the remains of the box.

"I don't understand. The Ma'lak box can hold an archangel." Cass said.

"Jack's not an archangel." Sam replied.

"Yeah. Apparently, the kid leveled up." Dean added.

"What do we do?" I asked.

"We find him." Dean answered.

"How?" Cass asked.

"I don't know, Cass. You tell me." Dean snapped.

"Okay, the last time we found Jack, if wa—it was by praying to him, but that's not gonna happen again." Sam said.

"Yeah, you think?" Dean asked.

"You should have never tried to lock him away." Cass said.

"You know what, you're right. I never wanted to put him in that damn box. I wanted him dead." Dean said.

"Dean!" Cass said, his hand on my arm.

"He's dangerous, Cass, and you knew it! You've known it for a long time!" Dean shouted. "But that's okay, because you know what? Me, Anna, and Sam, we've killed just about everything there is. And this—Jack—we'll find a way. Because he's just another monster."

"Dean, not not." Sam warned upon seeing my clear expression of hatred towards the older man.

"Not now? Really, Sam? Look at what Jack just did! As much as I know you two don't like this, we need to kill Jack!" Dean said.

"No, we don't." Sam said.

"He's right, Dean," I said looking at him. "we need to protect Jack."

"Really, Anna? You know what, the wedding you want won't even happen! He's got no soul left! I doubt he'll still even love you! Or you'll even love him!"

Sam and Cass went silent and slowly backed away as I walked to Dean and smacked him hard across the face.

"Don't you ever say something like that again. If Jack doesn't love me anymore, I can handle that in time. But I will always love Jack." I shouted.

"Anna, he's dangerous." Dean said.

"So am I," I said. "and if you kill Jack, demons will be the least of your problems. I promise you that."

A long silence followed as the three men processed what I had just said.

"Anna..." Cass said, slowly walking up to me and placing a hand on my arm. "Come with me."

I let the angel pull me from the room and out into the hall, heading into the main room where he sat me down in a chair.

"What, Cass?" I asked, dragging my hands through my hair as I blew out a frustrated sigh.

"I know you get very protective over Jack, and I want to keep him alive as well, but Dean....he's got a point." Cass said.

"So you want him dead as well?"

"No. Not at all. I'm just saying that he's gotten more powerful. He needs to keep his powers in check. And the best way he keeps his powers in control is when he's with you." Cass answered, placing his hand on my shoulder.

"I doubt he'll want to see me now." I said.

"Then we find him."

"I'm not going with Dean and Sam." I shook my head.