Chapter Thirty-eight: Bloody Hell

We had driven all the way to Belphegor's house at the edge of town and got out of the car, closing the doors and heading up to the door.

    I knocked on the door and an Asian man opened it, looking at the two of us. "Who are you two?"

    "They're with me, Kenji. Let them in." Belphegor said from inside the house.

    Kenji looked at us skeptically before stepping aside, letting the two of us pass and enter into a red-walled room lit with candles and cozy furniture.

    "Hey, Anna. And new girl." Belphegor said from where he laid on the dark green couch, a thin bit of bandage peeking out from under his shirt.

    "Oh. Right. Belphegor, this is Dakota. Dakota, this is Bel." I introduced them.

    "Hi." Dakota smiled.

    "Hey." Belphegor smiled at her, slowly sitting up and wincing slightly.

    "What happened?" I asked as we took up seats beside the couch.

    "I told you. A demon got pissed and stabbed me."

    "Hm. Okay, lift up your shirt." I told him.

    "Anna, there are children present." Belphegor said.

    I flicked his forehead. "Shut up and take it off."

    "Okay, wow. Most girls do that for me." he said with a wink at me.

    I looked at him with a blank face.

    "Geez. You're a ray of sunshine today, aren't you?" he let out a sigh and pulled his shirt off, the blood already soaked through the white bandages, staining them a rusty orange.

"Why didn't you go to a hospital?" I asked.

"There isn't one for miles." he answered honestly.

"So, logically, you decide to interrupt me while I'm having Thanksgiving with my family. Makes total sense," I said. "where's your bandages?"

"Kenji will show you." he answered.

"Great. Dakota, can you go find them for me?" I asked her.

"Sure." she answered and walked away out of sight with Kenji.

    We waited in complete silence before the two of them came back out and Dakota handed me a giant wad of bandages and a first aid kit.

    "Thanks." I said to her, setting down the items and opening up the first aid kit.

    Kenji left the room and Dakota sat down on the carpeted floor beside me.

    "How long have you known Dean?" she asked.

    "Ten years." I answered her as I cut the bloody bandages away and set them aside, putting new bandages on.

"How's the kid and Jackie, Anna?" Belphegor asked.

"Jack and Kelly are both fine. Though I don't appreciate you calling me away from my family at this time." I told him and put a white pad on the bandage to keep it from unraveling.

"Sorry about that, but I was in a bit of a situation here if you hadn't noticed." he said.

"Yeah, I know. Hey, Dakota. Want to call Dean to let him know we're on our way home?" I asked her.

"Sure." she got out her phone and held the phone up to her ear.

"You guys are leaving?" Belphegor asked with a slight pout.