Chapter Thirty-three: Hello, Love

I walked into the nursery one night and saw Jack sitting in the rocking chair with Kelly asleep in his arms, the dim light of the nightlight bathing the room in a soft silvery glow.

"Can't sleep?" I asked as I walked over to the two.

"I come in here and hold her to remind me that even though I was born the son of Lucifer, I can still have great things. I have a wife, and I have a daughter of my own." he looked at me and smiled.

I smiled at my husband and set my hand on his shoulder. "I'm going to make us some coffee, okay?"

He nodded. "Okay. I'll be down soon."

    I walked out of the nursery and down the stairs, walking into the kitchen and making a pot of coffee; the phone ringing loudly next to me.

    "Hello?" I picked up.

    "Hi, kid. You mind if we stay at your place for the next few nights?" Dean asked.

    "Sure. But why? You have nightmares?" I joked.

    "No. Seems like a demon escaped from Hell and found the bunker."

    "So you want to use my house as a target?"

    "No. But you got weapons at your house. And we want to protect you."

    "Again, why?"

    "Because the demon that came back is Belphegor."

    "Dude, no, he's not. Cass killed him." I shook my head, taking my coffee over to the couch.

    Yeah. He did. But Belphegor must have had one of Rowena's resurrection hex bags, or something. Either way. Expect us in ten minutes." he said and hung up.

    I took the phone from my ear and set it on the coffee table next to my coffee, leaning back against the couch and sighing.

    "Anna? Is everything okay, darling?" Jack asked as he walked over to me and sat down beside me on the couch.

    "Dean and Sam are coming over in ten minutes. They need to stay here for a few days." I answered.

    "That doesn't seem so bad. Kelly gets to spend more time with her uncles." Jack answered with a smile.

    "Yeah. That's the good news. The bad news is Belphegor is back." I said.

    "I thought Cass killed him."

    "Yeah. He did. But Dean's thinking maybe Belphegor had one of Rowena's hex bags on him." I answered.

    "....should we call her?"

    "I doubt Hell has service." I said with a light smile.

   My own phone rang and I looked at the Caller ID, picking up. "Rowena?"

    "Hello, dear."

    "How are you even calling right now? Does Hell even have phones?" I asked.

    "I made a few....modern changes down here." she answered, switching topics. "So. How's the wee child doing?"

    "How do you know about Kelly? She was born after you died." I answered.

    "Aye. But there isn't much that the Queen of Hell can't find out. So?"

    "She's good, Rowena. Healthy." I smiled. "By the way, did you—?"

    "Anna, I know everything that goes on down here, and I can positively tell you that I did not give Belphegor one of my hex bags. How he managed to escape me. I haven't the foggiest. But, alas, here we are."