Chapter Nineteen: Let Me Protect You

I leaned back against the wall of the main room, Cass, Jack, and I keeping an eye one Dean once again as he was possessed by Michael.

"Are you sure we shouldn't put him in the dungeon?" Jack asked.

"Jack's right. We don't know how long those cuffs are gonna hold." Cass answered. "I mean, Bobby improved them, but—"

"If those cuffs won't hold him, neither will the dungeon." Sam said.

"I can hear you." Michael-Dean answered.

"Yeah, we know you can, jerkwad." I snapped, my arms crossed.

"Really?" Michael-Dean said in an unamused tone.

Sam took my arm and the four of us walked up the steps out of his earshot.

"Okay, so, what?" Jack asked.

"Okay. Listen, when Gadreel possessed me, he created a whole fake world in my head. And Crowley forced his way into my head and showed me how to take control, and I drove the angel out." Sam said.

"But Crowley's dead." I reminded him.

"Yeah."

"Okay, so..." Jack looked around at us.

Sam's phone rang and he picked up, putting it on speaker. "Hey, Maggie."

"Hey. Sam, we're almost at Hitomi Palaza." Maggie said through the phone.

"Actually, we're back at the bunker." Sam said.

"What?"

"Yeah, long story. I'll explain later. Listen, Maggie, we left Garth in the trunk of the Impala at Hitomi Palaza. Can you make sure he's okay?" Sam asked.

"Okay, but, Sam, the monsters—they've stopped attacking people."

"What?" Sam asked.

"Looks like they're leaving the city. They're heading west."

"Remind me, Castiel—we're west of Kansas City now?" Michael-Dean asked.

"You're bringing them here?" Cass asked as we all turned to him.

"What's it look like?" Michael said.

"Jack, let's lock it down." Cass said and they went to lock down the bunker.

"Yes, put a chair up against the door. That'll help," Michael said, looking at me and Sam. "Nothing's changed. Either my monsters get here, or I break these chains. But tonight, everybody dies. And, Sam, Anna? The last thing you two will see is this pretty smile. As I rip you two apart."

"If you touch Anna, I'll kill you." Sam said to Michael.

Michael laughed. "I'd like to see you try, Sammy. Oh, Anna, if you still want to be married to that nephilim boy, I suggest you do it tonight. Before my monsters kill you all."

"Don't listen to him, Anna. He's just trying to get into your head." Sam said.

"Maybe. But are you really willing to take that chance?" Michael asked with a smirk.

"I think it's time you shut up." I said.

"Anna, go to the armory. Get some weapons." Sam said to me.

I walked away and into the hall, heading down the stairs and pushing open a heavy iron door, taking out shotguns, angel blades, devil's trap bullets, silver, and holy water and oil before heading back up and hearing Michael's voice.