17

Judah

"Alrighty, dinner is served! Grab a plate and dig in!" Vincent then said.

I looked at the food on the table. There was a big bowl of rice. A tray of bbq teriyaki chicken. Small trays of fruit and a tray of spaghetti.

The food looked so good. I could already feel my mouth watering.

I went to go and grab a plate. But one appeared right in front of me with a fork and spoon on it. I looked over to see Amara holding the plate. I thanked her and went to grab it.

But Messiah, suddenly appeared and grabs it instead before I could. I heard messiah chuckle a bit before Amara started to scold him.

"Hoy! Ang talim na iyon ay para kay Judah!

(Hey! That plate was meant for Judah!) She then exclaimed.

"Karaniwang binibigyan mo muna ako ng plato kapag kumakain tayo!"

(You usually give a plate to me first when we eat like this!) Messiah then exclaimed.

Yup, just as I expected. The mother was Filipina. I knew that accent sounded familiar. It was a dead give away!

"Well this time mapupunta muna sa kanya ang plato! Siya ay isang bisita"

(Well this time the plate will go to him first! He's a guest) Amara then exclaimed.

Before Messiah could say anything. I said something that surprised them both.

"Okay lang yan Amara. Makukuha niya ang plato."

(It's ok Amara. He can have the plate) I then said.

Fun fact, my family was from a Filipino bloodline. So, that meaning... I can speak Tagalog!

Both of them looked at me, clearly surprised.

"Magtagalog ka?!"

(You speak Tagalog?!) Messiah then exclaimed.

"No, I cant" I then said, lying when I clearly just spoke it. And understood what he just said.

"Ah-Ikaw lang nagsalita!!!"

(Ah-You just spoke it!!!) Messiah then exclaimed again.

"Sorry, I don't understand you" I lied again before going over to the table and grabbing a plate.

Trying to hide my smile in the process. I try to distract myself by placing food on my plate.

Five Minutes Later

Messiah

"How's the food guys?" Vincent then said "did me and Amara here make it just right".

"Mmmm, you did it again guys" I then said "you always know how to make good food".

"Aw, thank you Anak" my mama then said "I always know that you love my cooking".

"Uh, that teriyaki chicken was made by me. And he obviously likes it" my father then said "therefore, he loves my cooking better".

While my mom and dad started to bicker over who's cooking was the best. I looked over to my mate. Who was enjoying the food as much as I was. Eating it happily as he chewed.