25

Sebastian

As we arrived at the hospital that Felix's mother was in. I could tell that he was very emotional about this situation he was suddenly put into.

He didn't speak when we landed here in New Hampshire.

And I feel like I shouldn't say something. Since I feared that I would only make things worse for him.

The only thing I could do was to just hold his hand on the way to the hospital. But, now that we're here, he started to cry again.

Fuck, seeing him like this breaks my heart. I wanna do something, but I feel like I can't.

We parked and hurriedly get out of the car.

Felix put some sunglasses on, seemingly trying to hide that he was crying. We both speed walk over to the elevator down to the front of the hospital.

I took his hand and gently held it as we walked.

Only for him to pull his hand away as we get to the elevators.

I watched him as he began to rapidly press the button to go down.

But as a minute goes by...he snaps.

"Come On...Come On...COME ON!! Why Won't This Thing Go FASTER!" He then yells out, before kicking the door.

"Hey! Hey...calm down! I know you're stressed out but everything's going to be ok!" I then said, trying to calm him down.

"No, everything's not going to be ok! My mothers dying and it's like everything is trying to slow me down!" He then exclaimed through sobs.

Just then, the elevators thankfully came. And I ushered him inside.

I pressed for the floor that we needed to go to and pressed the close button.

I then watched as he then took his glasses off to wipe the tears that were falling down his face with his sleeve.

Without saying a word, I then went over and hugged him. Gently by tightly, before I then felt him hugging back.

He nuzzled his face onto my chest as I held him there.

Before the elevator finally reached the ground floor. We broke the hug, before we then hurriedly speed walked out and towards the entrance of the hospital.

"Dad!" Felix suddenly calls out.

I then looked, only to see a man rushing towards him. I assumed it was his father, so I didn't do anything yet. But still kept my guard up.

But once I saw them hug and break down into tears together. I let my guard down, it was definitely his father.

Felix

"Oh...it's so good to see you again. But we must hurry back to the room. Your mother isn't going to be here much longer" my father then says, before he broke the hug and started to lead me over to where my mother was.

"What happened?" I then asked, following from behind.

"I don't know! All I know was that she was on one of her weekly walks when a car hit her!" He then exclaimed "and police said that the car ran off".

"What! Did they catch the person who did it?!" I then exclaimed, shocked at the news that I was just now receiving.

He was silent, as we entered the lobby. Before he then spoke again.

"No...they were long gone before the police came. But luckily someone was out there to witness the hit and run" my father then says, as we reached yet another elevator.

He pressed the button, and waited. Before he then realized that someone was with us.

"Who's this?" He then asked, staring at Sebastian.

Shit...it's until this point that I haven't told the both of them about me having a boyfriend that I'm mated to.

I was gonna tell them when I was ready. But yet when my mother in her death bed.

I still wasn't ready.

"Uh..." I then stammered, trying to come up with a lie at this moment.

Luckily, the elevator opened. We all walked inside and watched as the doors closed behind us. My father pressed for the floor.

Which was labeled as the icu.

We all remained silent as the elevator went up. My emotions were everywhere at this point.

I was impatient to see how my mother was doing. But by the words that my dad spoke. She wasn't doing good at all.

And I was nervous to see what current condition my mom was in.

But as the door to the elevator opened. The anticipation and tension within me grew.

My father led the both of us to where my mom was. I slowly followed behind. Not willing to see what my mother was going through.

I tried to hide it from both my dad and Sebastian. But I felt as if my body began to shake from everything that had just happened.

And then the doors opened. We all stepped out as we then began to follow my dad again.

We go down hall after hall before finally reaching a set of double doors.

He opens it and then we then enter the icu. At this point, I felt as if I couldn't breathe properly. I zoned out as I walked passed many different rooms.

Before he then stops at one of them. He gives me a grim look, before he then spoke.

"I just wanna warn you. She's in horrible condition, and she's in a coma. I know she can't speak to you. But she can still hear you. So please...talk to her while you still can" my dad then says, somberly.

Oh my god...this is really it..

He lets both of us in. And that's when I see her.

Laying in a hospital bed. Seemingly lifeless, with the only things letting us know she was still alive we're the tubes and machines connected to her. As well as her chest rising and falling faintly.

I broke down at the sight, before walking over to her slowly. Taking in what I was currently seeing.

Still not believing that this was indeed my mother laying here. I could barely recognize her through the bandages and bruises on her face and body.

But this was indeed her...and she's about to die.