Vol. 1: Socializing with Others

Ayanokouji POV

It was now Friday, the end of our first week in the Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School.

Before going here, I doubted that I would be able to make friends with other people, mainly because of my apathetic expressio that made me look gloomy in the eyes of others, as well as my own lack of experience in interacting with other people.

But now, I'm more than pleased with how everything turned out for me. And it's only the beginning of the school year.

I got my classmates to trust me not only as a friend that they can reach out to, but as a leader as well. Buying information from Chabashira-sensei skyrocketed my reputation with them. I even got the contact information of some of my classmates like Sudo, Hirata, Kushida, Matsushita, Karuizawa, and Sato.

It makes me relieved that I have a few boys' contact information on my phone. I may want to fall in love and have a girlfriend, but I don't really want my contact list to be filled with only girls.

So far, there were only a few mishaps like the chairman announcing my name to the whole school and essentially making me the most popular student here. A few days ago, a few students made the mistake of announcing my name at the cafeteria and as a result, I think about half of the whole school now knows who I am and what I look like.

Thankfully though, things have become more quiet regarding that.

After I got exposed, there were lots of questions from different students, but most of them were just about the entrance exams and a few personal ones, like whether or not I had a girlfriend. But just as I thought, the initial reactions only lasted for a short time that I'm sure by the next week or two, everyone will already forget about me.

Regarding my classmates, they're behaving well so far, which was a surprise. I thought they would have to be reminded of the possible consequences if they revert back to how they were before I became the class leader, but they were being attentive during lessons and I didn't notice anybody slacking off.

Today, I chose to ask Sudo if he wanted to eat lunch with me and he agreed. I knew that out of all my classmates, he was the one with the biggest tendency to rebel against the rules or to start fights, so it's absolutely necessary that I keep him under control.

We ended up at the same table with Karuizawa's group. Karuizawa was the one who asked if they could eat with us, but she and Sato were a bit intimidated by Sudo's presence. Matsushita and I managed to calm them down enough to eat with us in peace, and the whole thing went well. To reassure Karuizawa and Sato, I talked about Sudo's good traits and he responded by being humble and honest about himself.

I do hope that he keeps on behaving well even without me around. I can't always check up on him and make sure he doesn't get into trouble.

After our classes ended and everyone was getting ready to leave, he tapped me on the shoulder to get my attention.

Sudo: Thanks for the help today, Ayanokouji. It's honestly hard to be friends with everyone here but thanks to you, it's becoming way easier for me!

He held out his fist in front of me, which I bumped with my own.

Kiyo: As long as you keep your behavior in check, you'll be able to handle it on your own. I can't always be there to keep an eye on you.

Sudo: Yeah, I know. I'll see ya tomorrow!

After a quick farewell, Sudo ran out of the room to head to his club. He was accepted almost immediately after signing up, which is good. I do hope that he doesn't neglect his studies, but I should be prepared for the possibility of such a thing happening.