Vol. 1: Scars

Of all the things that happened today, this is definitely the one that takes the trophy for 'most bizarre'.

When Karuizawa told me that she would be coming over for a little discussion, I expected that it would be something personal to her, and that's exactly what happened.

It turned out she had a history of being bullied, and one of the people who made her life hell was also a student attending the same school as us.

Although I didn't expect this conversation to escalate into this.

After I told her that I won't heed her 'request' and she should just leave, Karuizawa refused to go and instead, she began to unbutton her shirt in a possible attempt to seduce me or something....

I caught a glimpse of her underwear after she undid the third button, forcing me to look away. I could tell that she didn't stop there.

This was clearly wrong, but why is Karuizawa doing this? Why is she desperate enough to give up her own body for a fake relationship?

The moment I noticed her undoing the last button of her shirt, I knew I couldn't just sit around and watch any longer.

I sprang up to my feet and grabbed her shoulders, preventing her from taking her shirt off just in time.

Kiyo: What do you think you're doing?

Kei: I'm trying to convince you.

She took my hands off her shoulders and removed her shirt all the way, before letting it drop to the floor. She stood in front of me wearing only a blue bra that kept her chest covered. The thing that caught my attention though, was the massive scar on the left side of her stomach. It almost looked like she was stabbed by something in the past. I wonder what's the story behind it.....

When she was about to grab her leggings next, I snapped out of my little trance and grabbed her wrists to stop her. This time, I held them firmly to make sure she doesn't break free.

Kei: Let me go, Ayanokouji-kun.

Kiyo: Don't be stupid. This isn't convincing, you are essentially selling yourself—

I stopped myself from saying anything more as I remembered something that happened several days ago.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Kiyo: The things that Manabe-san said about you during lunch. They were all true?

Karuizawa couldn't even look at me as she nodded slowly. I could already hear her quiet sniffles, which was all that I needed to confirm it.

.

.

.

.

.

.

......somehow, I'm not surprised. However, I also feel that way at the same time.

When Manabe showed up while we were having lunch, Karuizawa was frozen in her seat and was pretty unresponsive the whole time. She only spoke again after Manabe left and even then, she refused to talk about what happened.

There are only two explanations for her inability to talk. It's either Karuizawa is too traumatized about her past to even talk about her, or Manabe was telling the truth.