Vol. 1: An Unexpected Guest

Ayanokouji POV

Since Horikita didn't want to speak with me anymore for some reason, I headed back to my dorm room on my own and took a small nap while I was still in my school uniform. The weekend was coming, and I wanted to embrace it by having an early rest.

When I woke up after about two hours, I brewed myself a cup of tea and continued to read High School DxD in peace.

Out of all the females in the main character's harem, I would say that my favorite would either be that angel who was his childhood friend, or that fallen angel-devil hybrid who keeps on teasing him every time she has an opportunity. They were the characters who looked interesting to me compared to everyone else.

My phone suddenly began ringing as I finished my tea. I checked to see who was calling me, and I felt a bit surprised that it was Karuizawa who was calling.

Ever since I acquired her number a few days ago, she's been shooting me messages whenever we had free time, probably in an attempt to have some light conversation with me. She mainly asked me about how I'm doing, what I was up to, and what I thought about our classes like how normal friends would.

I'm not sure if that's how girls act when they send messages to other people, but I'm glad that she's actually sparing some of her time to talk to me. None of my other friends have done the same other than a few greetings whenever there's a chance.

And now she's calling me, of all things.

This will be my first phone call, and it's with a girl. I kind of feel excited about it, so I wasted no time and answered it.

[Karuizawa:] Ne, Ayanokouji-kun. Are you doing something right now?

[Ayanokouji:] Not really. Is there something you need?

[Karuizawa:] Can I come to your room? I want to talk to you about something important.

Karuizawa wants to come here? What an interesting development.

I wonder what she has in mind. I could ask her right now about what she wanted to talk about, but if it's something important like she says, then I'll wait for her here.

[Ayanokouji:] Sure. What time do you plan on going here?

[Karuizawa:] I could go there now, actually. I'm doing nothing at the moment. What's your room number?

[Ayanokouji:] I'm in Room 401. Just make sure that when you go here, nobody's following you. That would be problematic not just for us, but for the whole class.

[Karuizawa:] Got it. I'll see you in a bit.

With that, she ended the call as I'm left to my thoughts.

It was only 5:14 PM in the afternoon, so I'm guessing she's not here for a late-night discussion about something. If Karuizawa intended for this to be a casual conversation between friends, then there's no need for it to be done in my unit.

Since she wanted to talk to me in my dorm room of all places, then this must be a personal matter. How interesting.

I cleaned up my place for a bit while there was still time. Afterwards, I sat on my bed and continued to read through my novel while waiting for Karuizawa to come.

When I heard a knock on the door, I quickly hid my book inside my bag. I don't need her seeing it and getting the wrong idea.

I walked over and opened the door, where Karuizawa was standing. She wasn't in her uniform and instead, she was wearing a pair of leggings along with a buttoned-up shirt.