Starting new (1/3)

God, she was having difficulties hearing what Kakashi was saying. And although the loud music coming out from the club behind them was partly to blame, it was actually far from being the real reason. 

She had been partying with her friends at a club, drinking and having fun, finally able to not think of everything else, to just enjoy herself a little bit. And then, everything got better when Kakashi appeared in the middle of the night. She even unconsciously stopped dancing all of a sudden with a stupid smile on her face as if that meant something. As if he appearing at the club she was in to talk to her would mean anything. But she could at least hope, and the alcohol in her body definitely encouraged her to think like that. To her, this was the place where the things she had dreamed of could happen and become a reality. It maybe also helped the fact that she had drunk a little bit... but the thing is that for some reason she was very thrilled upon his appearance. But of course, and unfortunately, to (Y/n), he didn't want to talk inside the place with all the dancing people and loud beaming music. That would be the first time her hopes would get crushed that night, but it definitely wouldn't be the last one, and her hopes wouldn't be the only thing getting crushed. 

In any case, they went outside the club, next to the entrance where the music wasn't as loud nor there were as many people. But again, the alcohol started messing with her mind and when Kakashi started to explain why he was there, she couldn't pay attention to any of his words. Instead, she was completely absorbed in his silver hair, and his half-lidded eyes that somehow almost managed to get (Y/n) completely lost... But how couldn't them? After all, his eyes were the only part of Kakashi that wasn't hidden. 

He was always mysterious, that much everyone knew. But while that was it for everyone else, it was something more to (Y/n). He didn't just have an aloof and cool personality, but he even portrayed it physically. He covered his face with a mask, he also hid his forehead with his protector, he wore gloves and baggy clothes... And damn it killed (Y/n) every time. Oh, how she wished she could just rip all of that from him. She just knew he was freaking ripped under that baggy jonin uniform. 

She stared at his thick wrists, his broad shoulders, his hands so big and manly... Every time she saw him her heart and insides melted; every part of her insides. Even if she had absolutely no experience in anything related to love or loving relationships, and was completely embarrassed while being around him, she still couldn't help but stare with a beating heart. And again, how couldn't she? 

He was just so perfect, in all ways. Not only was he an impeccable ninja, but also a great and kind man who deserved everything in this world —or at least that's what (Y/n)'s mind always replayed in her every reverie. But even when she wasn't daydreaming about him, she still thought that. Because the truth was that for how life had treated him, he had actually turned out pretty nicely. Anyone would understand it if he was an ass, a complete and conceited jerk, but he wasn't. Instead, he was always nice; a polite-nice, but still. It just added to how much she wanted to hug him, and kiss his masked cheeks, and not let him go. Every time he did one of those closed-eye smiles she literally felt about to cry. 

She was in all senses mad crazy for him. Completely and utterly in love. She had been for a long time, but unlike what her friends told her, her love for him only seemed to grow instead of disappear with time. So how could she focus on what Kakashi had come to say when her loud feelings were the only thing she was able to hear?

"(Y/n)?" he asked when he noticed she wasn't paying attention to him, so she finally snapped out of it. 

"Sorry!" she yelled "I can't hear you well over the music!" she lied.

"Oh, sorry," he apologized too, rubbing the back of his head as, after all, she had left the party just because he needed to talk to her. He took a step closer, leaning slightly into her ear so that she could hear her better "I was looking at the documents you gave me yesterday and I've found something useful" he started, and again (Y/n)'s poor broken hopes broke even more.