Unloveable (3/4)

Her pencil scribbled down the paper, but by now it was almost impossible to discern a proper drawing from the many blurred and hardened lines and sketches she had done. Nothing satisfied her, she hated everything she was doing, and her mind was all over the place, making it even more difficult for her to actually produce any good design. She bit her lip, annoyed that it still bothered her. 

It all had started a few hours ago when a pair of jonin entered her shop. She had known them for a while, they were a pretty nice couple, and they used to bring many weapons to fix, sell or buy. She was jealous. Not of them, particularly, she had nothing against them. They both were great senseis, so much, so that every now and then they'd buy ninja tools for their students. They'd always tell her how much their genin enjoyed their weapons, and it made her happy. It always cheered her to know people liked her work. But sometimes... she wished she could do those gifts too... to her genin. The genin she was supposed to have after returning from the war but never did. 

She scoffed, ripping the paper off her notebook and crushing it in her fist before throwing it away. 

This wasn't even why she was in a foul mood. Despite her past desires of being a sensei having been long broken, she was quite to terms with it. It was something else that always bugged her, no matter how much she thought about it. 

These two jonin, these amicable and hard-working people, were about to get married. She was happy for them, very much so, but she was sad for herself. These two... they were mad in love with each other. She could tell from the way they talked to each other and about each other, from the way they looked at each other, hell, even from the way they stood close to each other... And she just wondered if she'd ever be able to have something like that with someone. 

That thought was what troubled her. She knew she wouldn't. She looked at their happiness and love, at their shared lives... and she knew she would never have that. 

She had lately been thinking about this anyway, so when these two dropped by her shop... her mind became cloudier, even after a few sips from her flask. She was getting desperate when the bell of the door rang, and unconsciously, her frown loosened up upon seeing a certain silver-haired and his characteristic closed-eye smile. Or well, she forced her expression to loosen up. 

"Good evening," Kakashi greeted her, she gave him a half-hearted wave, but her brows arched in curiosity when three young genin followed him. 

"Woah, look!" a loud blonde kid said excitedly while he approached a few weapons that were hanging on the wall "I've never seen one like that!" he exclaimed, reaching his hand to it before another genin, a girl with pink hair punched his head, preventing him from touching anything. 

"You idiot! Can't you see they're for exhibition, not for you to touch them?" she scolded him. (Y/n) looked amused at the two, totally forgetting the existence of the third raven-haired boy who looked around in a much more respectful way.

"I wasn't going to touch them!" the blonde kid lied. (Y/n) moved her gaze from them to Kakashi as he approached the counter with an almost apologetic look. 

"You're so annoying..." the raven-haired boy said to the other genins.

"These..." (Y/n) began, and Kakashi quickly finished for her. 

"My students," he said, making her eyes widen as she took another look at the three kids who now had their eyes on her.

"Kakashi-sensei, why did you bring us here?" the blonde kid, who (Y/n) knew was Naruto, asked him. 

"(Y/n)'s the best blacksmith in the Land of Fire, possibly the whole continent," he said, making (Y/n) blush slightly. Although to be fair, it could be due to the heat of the forge and the slight alcohol in her system.