Sempai - Modern AU (1/2)

I'm still alive 💀 This was requested so so long ago I really want to apologize to the person who asked for this 🙇‍♀️👀

(f/drink) = favorite drink

Nervousness. That's what she was feeling right now, the butterflies in her stomach making her flinch like she had never done before. She bit her lip, bothered. She had never felt this way around him. She had never felt so shy about telling him anything, or just being in his apartment. 

Kakashi and (Y/n) met around a year and a half ago. It was her first week in college and, like most freshmen, she felt overexcited by pretty much anything the university did. Trips? She was there. Events? She participated in them. Programs to know people? She was the first one to join. Clubs? Well, I'm sure you know the answer already. At least it was that way for the first exciting new months of her university life. 

It was actually in the one club where she ended up staying the rest of her stay at the university that she met Kakashi. It was something as simple as a reading club, and there were so many people that she didn't get to actually know him until she joined a mentoring program her degree offered. It was basically mostly juniors who were paired up with freshmen students to help them get used to university life and to help them pass the classes they had the most trouble with. And luck had her be paired up with Kakashi. That was when she discovered they were doing the same major and the reason why after almost two years they became very close friends, and also the reason why, even after the mentoring program finished, he kept helping her with any classes she had. After all, she was now just a 2nd year and he was pretty much about to graduate. 

Sometimes, when Kakashi looked at her, or when he listened to her rant about the professors, or her classmates, or about any gossip going on around campus, he couldn't help but smile softly to himself. He barely remembered how it was when he started college, maybe because he wasn't half as excited about anything as she was. Listening to her made him remember those things, and he especially liked it because there was always a piece of advice or just knowledge that he could give to her that would help her, even if she sometimes was discouraged after Kakashi's wise words that came out of curved thin lips. 

Projects, exams, advice about some professors... the list of all the times Kakashi helped her was almost endless. He had even started teaching her some self-defense. 

One night after a uni party, when (Y/n) was leaving for her student accommodation, a drunk man appeared out of nowhere and started chasing her down the dark streets of the city. She was able to get to her room unscathed, but it left her restless for the following week, and after Kakashi heard about it he offered to give her some self-defense classes. 

That is exactly what she had come to do in his apartment. But she had been there a million times before so that wasn't exactly what was making her skin flush. It was the topic of the conversation that made her cheeks heat up and her (e/c) eyes unable to lock on his taller and stronger frame. Especially since he wore a sleeveless shirt and some sweatpants that made his muscles much more visible than through the looser sweatshirts he usually wore. 

It all started after the self-defense lesson.

"I don't have (f/drink) anymore, but I have some soda if you want," Kakashi said after twenty minutes of light sparring and practicing some techniques. He had gone to the small kitchen to take some things to snack on while they took a break, leaving her in his living room. She had been a bit distracted since she arrived, and when she didn't answer his suspicions grew heavier "(Y/n)?" he called her attention, appearing in the room with a few drinks, some snacks, and a questioning look that finally made (Y/n) snap her eyes away from his immense shelves of books "Are you okay?" he asked, his brow arching even further as he let the things down onto the coffee table they had pushed to one side of the living room to have more room to train. She nodded and smiled at him, slightly forced and slightly embarrassed to have unconsciously ignored him, which didn't go unnoticed by him.