Drunk in love (1/4?) 🤍

(art from @mrk__97 on twitter)

Everyone in the village and the whole continent knew Kakashi was a cold man. He was, and had always been distant and nonchalant, keeping his distance from people and personal relationships. And even if with time he had definitely got better at relationships, he still wasn't known for his cheeriness or tight bonds. He knew, and everybody knew; just like everyone knew (Y/n) was the exception. Everyone but (Y/n); and perhaps himself.

He simply didn't realize how everything in him worked utterly different when it was about her. And (Y/n), well, she was never focused enough to realize that the way he acted with her was different from the way he acted with everyone else. After all, she was always kind and affectionate with each of her friends, so she wouldn't notice if other people weren't like that. Especially because Kakashi didn't seem to mind her closeness at all.

But to everyone else, it was pretty obvious how Kakashi was deep deep in love with her. He even used to get some teasing comments from his closest friends like Asuma and Yamato, but he didn't care, and if he blushed upon those comments his mask was always there to help him look as unbothered as usual; and, of course, he would always deny anything they said. Even if not so deep inside him he wished to give in to those chills and feelings he had whenever she was around, to give in to her and confess. But he wouldn't, and he couldn't. He hadn't even considered it... perhaps fantasized about it, especially after his sessions of reading... But he never really thought about confessing because he knew he wouldn't be able to do it, but above that, he was terrified their relationship would change and he'd lose her forever. Besides, he didn't want to put her in an awkward situation since he was sure she felt absolutely nothing for him. After all, she had known him since he was a boy, and ever since she always acted friendly, as she acted with everyone else... Or so he thought. 

In any case, the reason why I'm saying all this is because Kakashi was, once again, paralyzed. Not literally, but he felt like that, his chest fluttered with buzzing electricity that deemed him immobile while he watched her smile at him. It wasn't uncommon for her to smile like that, but it still provoked the same reaction in him every time. Just, why did she have to smile like that? So genuine, so unique, and always when Kakashi smiled back at her. Why did she always respond like that to him? Those were the questions he always repeated in his mind whenever his feelings started trying to escape from the depths he had buried them. 

He always did those closed-eye smiles, polite smiles, even if they weren't genuine. Most of the time he smiled like that because he was awkward. But she... she smiled every time he smiled, why? It made him feel weird, it made him want to see more of those smiles. It made him want to smile only to see her smiling back.

"It's been so long!" (Y/n) greeted Kakashi with a smile after seeing him on the street and approaching him. But Kakashi just made a weird sound, unsure of how to answer. He simply was too caught up in her mesmerizing face and how much he had missed her "How are you? I was told you finally have a team" she smiled up at him, trying to catch up. 

"Yes," Kakashi finally said "It's not definite though," he added, still unsure of how the trio he had just passed would work out together. 

"C'mon, they can't be worse than you were" she teased, but Kakashi didn't care, he just smiled back, biting his lip at how beautiful she was. All of her.

"They're... special" he simply said, not having the brain power to think of a proper way to describe the three genin, let alone a comeback to her mocking. After all, all his brain cells were too busy watching the unusually showing parts of her body.

Kakashi had always had a thing for (Y/n), ever since she used to babysit him. Even when he was an emo brat he used to try to get her attention and admiration; as if she would ever be amazed by a kid. But as he grew older, his little crush developed with him, until love wasn't the only thing he felt when he looked at and thought of her. And now that she was wearing a slightly revealing top that made her breasts look bigger... he couldn't help but have those nasty thoughts that used to flood his mind in his teenage years.