Chapter four- The message

It's been 4 days... 4 days since I've been to school since I've been to the library, or since I've seen Elijah.

I don't know why but the three times we've had an encounter I've been hoping to see him.

But that has nothing to do with what I'm about to do. For the first time in 2 years, I'm getting involved with drugs.

Well, I guess you could say I've been involved ever since my "parents" have been doing drugs. But this is something I've never done before.

I have to sell 10 thousand dollars worth of drugs a week. I'm so fucked. Robert the guy I owe the money came back about 2 hours after he made his exit with his goons.

I'm just sobbing on the ground and it's been 2 hours, I just can't get up. I feel nothing anymore. I'm a dead person I can't get 20 grand in 2 weeks.

"Emilia..." Robert walks in from the door and sighs. "I know I said 20 grand in 2 weeks, it's possible. I'm willing to give you an extra couple of weeks if I get reports back that you're doing all that you can." I look up at him with tears in my eyes "I know it's not your fault what your parents do, it's just the effect." he continues "I found some places that will get you the money." He hands me a piece of paper.

"Why are you doing this" Hiccup "just kill me already" I drop my head to the floor. "I wouldn't get my 20 grand now would I?" Robert questions, "Do the work Emilia then your out for good" He then walks away.

What is the fucking point of me selling drugs to get 20 grand? I could become a stripper but you need to be 18 for that.

So, here I am standing in front of a house that looks like it's from the 1950s. I start walking up the long driveway, I try not to turn around and look behind me because I'll just want to run away.

I get up to the front door and knock 12 times, On the sheet of paper it said 12 it's ridiculous. I wait 10 minutes and just when I'm about to turn around the door opens.

It's a guy that looks not much older than me. He has to be in his early 20's. What is he doing in a place like this?

"Come in" He gruffly says I just mumble an okay. I don't know why I'm here, I know I need the money I just know I won't be able to get the money in the end anyways.

"Follow me" he grits out. What is his problem with me? I haven't done anything wrong.

"Oh, so there she is, my beloved Emilia," This random man says. He's dressed pretty well his hair is slicked back not a hair out of place, we are in a dark room so I can't quite make out what his eyes look like. "Hi" I reply, what am I supposed to say to that?

"I understand you owe my friend Robert 20 grand in 2 weeks if I'm not mistaken. You originally owed him 100 grand correct? How has it been 2 years and you only managed to pay 80? that is about 40 grand a year and 3 thousand a month, with payments like that it will take you another six months to fully pay it all back. I don't think you understand how serious this is." I mentally scoff.

"I know I owe him 20 grand in two weeks. I'm here today because he told me you would supply me 10 grand worth of drugs, If I sell it by the end of the week he will give me a week extra. The reason why it's taken me so long is that I'm a teenager still living my high school life, I'm not going to give you the full story because it's very long. I just need you to supply me with the drugs and I'll have your 10 grand by the end of the week." I breathe out, Jesus christ it's like the whole world knows what my "parents" do and just don't do shit.

*Mention of overdosing*

"If I give you the drugs how will I know you won't just overdose on the drugs and leave me 10 grand outta money?" He replies he's so calm in here I'm starting to shake. What does he want me to bargain with?