chapter seven- Do it on my own

I wake up from Alice's bed. It's 6:45 am, I swing my legs out from the covers and walk to the bathroom.

I do my morning routine and head to the kitchen and make a quick breakfast since I decided to go to school today.

I made two pieces of french toast with jelly, my all-time favorite. I check the time and the ride to school is about 10 minutes from Alice's apartment, so I'll be getting there right on time.

I head out the door and I make sure to lock it. I go out to Alice's car and sit in the driver's seat, my backpack is still in there from when I dropped her off at the airport.

I put the car in drive and start heading towards the school. I play the radio because I can't stand the silence any longer.

After a 10-minute ride, I park in one of the farther parking spots from the school. The last thing I need is for Elijah to talk about my brand new car.

I grab my backpack from the back seat and make my way to my first period. I sit in my normal back corner seat, everyone is just staring at me when I walked in. Do I have something on my face?

Some random girl turns around and looks at me. "What the fuck are you staring at?" I ask, her eyes go wide and she tries to find words to say but she is speechless.

"Mrs. Emilia deans office now." Mrs. Elise points to the door. I groan and start to head out of the classroom. Mrs. Elise's eyes go wide when her eyes come in contact with something.

Holy fucking shit I forgot to cover the handprint. What the fuck was I doing this morning?

I walk a lot faster and the tears start pouring out of my eyes. I walk past a quiet hallway when I'm pulled into it.

"So you think you can drive around in a car and not owe Roberts 20 grand?" This random man hisses. He grabs me by the neck I'm too stunned to speak, I start to kick and scratch his hands but he doesn't let go.

"Give him the 20 grand or Alice will be next" He let go of my neck and I gasp for air. He pulls my head up by my hair and punches me right across the face. I fall to the ground holding my nose, fucking shit. I start to feel the red liquid come out of my nose and drip into my mouth.

I stand up straight still heaving for air and holding my throbbing nose, I walk out of the sketchy hallway and I speed walk. I look at my hands and they are completely shaking and covered in blood, I look up and Elijah is right in front of me.

"Who the fuck did this to you? Your face is too beautiful to be like this. " He grabs my arm and leads me outside of the building to his car, he opens the door for me and walks to the other side of the car, and sits down.

I try to pull the seatbelt over myself but it's locked, what the hell is going on? I can't fucking think straight I have two fucking heartbeats, my chest feels like it's collapsing I can't breathe.

Then it all goes black.

————————————

I slowly open my eyes and close them right away, what the hell happened? My head is throbbing and I can't breathe through my nose. My lungs feel like I'm not getting enough oxygen.

I try opening my eyes again and I take a look around. Where the hell am I?

I look to my right and I find a sleeping Elijah in a chair right next to the bed. I take a closer look around the room and it's a plain dark grey room. It's not Alice's room that's for sure.

I look in front of me and I see two more figures sleeping on couches in front of the bed.

I look to my right and grey eyes are looking back at me. "What's up?" I whisper out. Holy shit I could use some water my through hurts like hell. I look at the nightstand next to me and there sits a full glass of water.