Chapter 68

Even though the streets of it weren't covered in snow anymore, Hogsmeade still seemed to be as beautiful and magical as ever – at least in Mia's eyes. Maybe it was because of the gentle breeze and sunshine, or perhaps it was because of James' presence. She was fine with either one of those possibilities.

Spring break was almost over, but James insisted on them going on a date before they had to return to the castle, so that is what they were doing.

"Where are we going?" Mia asked for the third time in the span of a few minutes, but to no avail.

"You'll see in a minute." James squeezed her hand.

"Surely not Madam Puddifoot's, right?" She raised an eyebrow slowly. "You can't be that cheesy."

Grinning, James said nothing as he guided her down the streets of Hogsmeade.

As they continued walking, Mia glanced up at the sky. It was a stunning shade of baby blue, with only a few clouds visible, but she knew it would get dark soon. Probably in an hour, or two.

A few more steps and seconds later, Mia finally realized where they were headed. "Are you –"

"Yes, I'm serious." James nodded with a big smile.

Before Mia could make any further comments, he pulled her inside the Hog's Head. Instead of going up to the bartender, James just greeted the old man quickly, then went straight for the stairs.

When they arrived upstairs and stopped in front of a specific door, Mia's jaw dropped. "Room number five?"

James pressed a quick, gentle kiss on her forehead. "Exactly." He nodded, then grabbed the handle and pushed it down, opening the door and gesturing for her to enter.

All of the curtains were drawn, but room number five was illuminated and given a soft glow by the candles that James had previously set up. The two familiar beds were pushed together in the middle of the room and had a bunch of white, pink and red flower petals on top, which covered parts of the floor as well.

After nudging her to step inside, he closed and locked the door behind them, hanging the key up on a little hook on the wall.

Mouth hanging slightly open, Mia was rendered speechless by the sight.

James stood behind her and snaked his arms around her waist, pulling her as close to his body as it was physically possible. "Welcome back, love," he rasped into her ear.

She shivered. "James –"

He let out a low, pleased chuckle. "Ah, I still can't quite believe that you don't call me by my surname anymore." Keeping his hands on her waist, he turned her around. "I should thank Isaac for his stupid dare again. Maybe I'll keep thanking him for years."

Raising an eyebrow, Mia smiled up at him. "Shouldn't you be thanking me for not leaving you out to freeze instead?"

Humming, James leaned down and pecked her lips so softly, she got goosebumps. "Thank you," he murmured against her lips. "Thank you so much, mi amor."

She was disappointed to see him step away from her, but James walked over to a corner of the room where an old-looking record player sat on top of a dresser, his back muscles visibly moving under his shirt as he leaned over the machine.

Upon hearing Elvis' voice, Mia's features softened. Smiling charmingly, James started walking back towards her, the song "Can't Help Falling in Love" playing in the background.

"May I?" He bowed slightly, reaching his hand out.

Shaking her head in disbelief, Mia let out a small laugh, but placed her hand in his anyway. "Yes, you may."