Chapter 12

"It's snowing!" Blossompaw heard the excited shout of Oatkit. She looked up and sure enough flakes were falling lazily from the sky. It sure is. Blossompaw waved her tail and watched the snow fall for a few short moment. "That means prey is going to be even harder to catch." Blossompaw said quietly to herself. Her paws were itching to get out and get hunting, especially now that the snow had begun.

She looked to her mentor who was playing with his kits while they hopped around with their cousins in awe of the falling snow. "Mudfall?" Blossompaw questioned trotting up to him. "Are we able to get some hunting done today?"

"We can do that in a bit." Mudfall replied as Doekit tackled his paws. "If you're bored why don't you take some prey to the elders?"

"Okay." Blossompaw dipped her head . At least it's something to do. She thought before rushing to the fresh-kill pile and looking it over. It wasn't as big as it usually was but there was enough for now. There'd be more if I could go out and get some more. "They usually like to share prey..." Blossompaw thought, looking over her options. "Crowfur and Rainears both love squirrel, Icepetal and Snowfur love mole and Sandfoot loves birds..." She picked up a decent sized squirrel, vole and the last sparrow for Sandfoot. She carefully carried all the piece of prey to the elder's den.

She stepped inside to find all the elders laying closer together than usual due to the cold weather outside. "There's our favorite apprentice." Sandfoot purred. Blossompaw felt her pelt burn slightly and set the prey down in front of each elder.

"Why do you say that?"

"You always bring us the best prey." Snowtail purred before taking a bite of her mole. "And always on time."

"I just do what Mudfall tells me to do." Blossompaw replied.

"Still," Rainears added. "It means a lot that you take the time to actually consider what we like. You took the time to get to know us." Blossompaw did enjoy spending time with the elders and getting to know them. Does that really make me a good apprentice, though? Or just a considerate Clanmate.

"Thought it has been a while since you've stayed for a story. None of the apprentices want to listen to us anymore." Crowfur teased.

Blossompaw felt a bit of guilt at that comment. She had been focused on her training so much that she hadn't been here as much as she used to. I suppose if Mudfall is going to be playing with his kits..."Well I have time now." Blossompaw replied. "Mudfall is with his kits."

"Well if you want a story," Sandfoot purred. "I'd be happy to provide."

"Sure." Blossompaw purred and laid down, tucking her legs under her chest.

"Have you ever heard the story of when every apprentice in SunClan was attacked by Echoheart?" Sandfoot questioned. Blossompaw's eyes went wide and she shook her head. "This was many moons ago, my kits had just recently become warriors and your father and Cinderflame hadn't been apprenticed that long. We later learned that this was a plan by Thornstar. There was a location in our old territory known as Jagged Rocks, it was considered dangerous for apprentices due to a risk of falling, adders in greenleaf and how close it was to the AshClan border. However, Thornstar sent Lionclaw, Adderstrike, Fawnheart, Goldenleaf, Dawnstar, Turtleblaze, Cinderflame and Yarrowtail all to Jagged Rocks to collect herbs for Poppyfur, our medicine cat at the time.

"They were attacked by a group of AshClan cats led by Echoheart and they had to fight alone. They all did a good job at fighting full grown warriors but not without injuries. Right on time, Thornstar showed up and drove them away. I believe it was all a ploy by Thornstar to make him look like a hero. All of the apprentices were okay, obviously, but they were all quite wounded.