Chapter 23

"Breathe in." Pebblestep instructed, and Owlpaw did as she asked. Her breathing was a bit rough and her throat felt scratchy, but she had improved quite a bit in the last seven days by resting constantly and taking all the herbs both medicine cats threw at her and she had shown a lot of improvement. "Breath out." Owlpaw let out a breath, while not perfect, she exhaled smoothly.

"Alright," Pebblestep stook a step back and looked Owlpaw up and down. "You can come with us to the Spirit Garden tonight, but you have to take it easy."

Owlpaw perked up her head. "Thank you so much, Pebblestep!" Owlpaw waved her tail happily, her paws twitching with excitement but she managed to contain herself. She was very excited to go the Spirit Garden for multiple reasons. She was excited to see Mothflower and ask how things were in MountainClan as well hopefully speaking with Mosscloud about the horrible vision she had been given.

She had adjusted more to it, but she still felt the unease constantly on her shoulders. She checked the moon every night to make sure it wasn't red like in her nightmare. I need answers, and I hope that Mosscloud will provide them.

Owlpaw worked with Honeyfrost and Pebblestep for the remainder of the daylight hours, making sure that Petalbreeze and her kits, as well as making sure the elders were well taken of. They made sure everything was taken care of before setting out as the sun began to set.

Owlpaw followed behind Honeyfrost and Pebblestep as they left camp. As the sun fell slowly behind the mountains, the air became more and more freezing. Owlpaw fluffed out her coat, attempting to stay warm as the freezing air bit at their ears and noses. The three medicine cats walked close together, heading towards the river where they would meet up with Oneflight and Mothflower.

They tried their best to hurry through the cold evening, and made good time to the river. Just as they approached, Owlpaw spotted Oneflight's pale gray tabby fur across the more land and he quickly hopped over the river, approaching them. Owlpaw couldn't help but notice that Mothflower wasn't with him like she usually was.

"Where's Mothflower?" Owlpaw questioned.

"I'm not sure." Oneflight replied. "I tried waiting for her like I usually do but she must be running late, it was too cold to wait for her."

Owlpaw tensed up slightly, Mothflower had never been late before. Even if she had only been a medicine cat for a short while. "I'm sure she's fine, Owlpaw." Honeyfrost told Owlpaw, presumably noticing how anxious she had become.

"We should get on the move," Pebblestep suggested. "Mothflower knows her way to the Spirit Garden and I don't want us to get sick standing out here in the freezing cold."

Owlpaw hesitated for a moment, she wanted to wait for Mothflower, to make sure that everything was okay. However, the other three medicine cats clearly didn't agree so Owlpaw didn't have much of a choice. She followed the three older medicine cats and crossed into the gathering hollow where they would meet up with Roseheart and Blackstorm. Maybe Mothflower is with Roseheart instead of Oneflight this time. Owlpaw thought hopefully, and continued following through the snow.

They neared the end of the gathering hollow and Owlpaw spotted Roseheart and Blackstorm standing together, still no Mothflower. Owlpaw's anxiety grew, she wished she could go check on Mothflower, but she just had to have faith that the MountainClan medicine cat was okay, and something important came up in MountainClan. I hope they don't have any sickness. Owlpaw felt her tail twitch.

"Where's Mothflower?" Roseheart questioned, looking over the other medicine cats.

"Not sure." Honeyfrost responded. "She's either running late or something is preventing her from leaving. Sickness, maybe."