taking care of y/n after a bad day

Anonymous asked: hii!
can you please write something on H taking care of the reader after a bad day??
thank you! xx

Wc:715
———

He knew something was wrong with his lover simply from the texts they'd exchanged. Instead of her normal emojis and enthusiasm, he was met with shorter answers and a lack of continuation. Usually she would drag out the texts for as long as possible but it was almost as if she wasn't even paying attention.

He decided to leave work early, promising he would come in and work later to make up for the sudden leave. Nothing was more important than his angel and he was dead set on making sure she was okay. It didn't take too long to get to their newly shared home, unlocking the door and kicking his shoes to the side.

There was barely any sign of her being home. Despite the car in the drive and the mere knowledge he had to know she was, if he didn't it would seem like the house is empty. The living room and kitchen were bare, the backyard void of the one person he adored the most. It didn't take too long for him to venture towards their bedroom.

Opening the door, he could hear the low sounds of the home makeover channel on the television. On top of the bed was a Y/N sized lump, blanket burrito and all as she sniffled sadly. Her eyes looked up to Harry, concern easily seen on his face, and that unlocked the floodgate of tears. Little sobs left her as the man panicked, rushing towards the bed with a soft soothing noise.

"Hey.... Baby, shhh. What's wrong?" He asked with a concerned furrow between his brow. His hands grabbed at her, disassembling her blanket burrito go have her launch herself into his lap. Her wet face buried itself in the crook of his neck and he could feel the tears begin to stain his skin and shirt bur he didn't care about that. His arm wrapped around her and rubbed over her waist, the man's other hand cupping the back of her head and using his thumb to rub her neck.

"Jus- I can't. Everyone sucks!" She sobbed, clutching his tee shirt in her fists. "Everyone's mean and I can't do shit right."

Considering she had just started a new job, Harry had a clue in now that it wasn't going so well or she was overwhelmed. His love tended to pour everything she had into her passions and commitments and sometimes it led to breakdowns. It was something he was slowly learning how to deal with.

"Mm. You're right, angel. Everyone does suck- but you do things right. Remember what we talked about? What I said?" He kissed the side of her head as he waited for her to repeat what he told her when she self deprecated.

"T-That... Bein' mean to ourselves... serves no purpose cos' we have t'be our biggest fans. M'you love me, and think m'the best." She sniffled, calming slightly as Harry just had that power. Being with him was bettering her, and he knew she bettered him as well. They truly were so good for one another.

"Mhm. Exactly. You're my beautiful, talented, incredibly intelligent and capable girl. No one should let you forget it. S'a bad day and people do suck, I agree. But maybe they had a bad day too. You're doing amazing, my love. So fucking lovely and I know you're overwhelmed again... so..." he pulled her face back and cupped it with his large hands. His thumbs wiped away the sticky remnants of her tears, his glossy swollen eyes clawing at his heart. "Why don't we run a bath, hm? Take a relaxing bath... order take away... make some cupcakes. Any flavor you'd like... and then we can watch whatever movie you'd like." He leaned in to kiss her hot cheeks, not minding the salty taste of tears as he peppered them around her. The squeak of a giggle alerted him to knowing it had the right affect.

"Can we do... Funfetti?" She attempted, looking at him almost similarly to a kicked puppy. Harry swore he never realized someone would be able to have this hold over him.

"Of course we can. Let's go get up and run our bath... can discuss icing flavors in there