How much I love you

Y'know how much I love you, right?"

Cuddling in the couch was a rarity this time of the year. It was always busy and there were always plans, but Y/N took it like a champ and never really complained. She knew his job could be demanding, and while sometimes it made her miss these times, she knew that if he had it his way this would be an every night occurrence.

"Mhm. I do. But feel free to elaborate." She flirting, bringing their intertwined hands up to her mouth so she could kiss the back of his hand. She was laid against him, tucked under his arm with her head against his chest while they watched an obscure design show in the television.

"Cheeky girl." He chuckled, smooching the side of her head. "Hm... let's start with his y'still manage to give me butterflies." Since they'd first started seeing each other, he was shocked that these butterflies were real. He had thought he had felt them before. But Y/N showed up and knocked it all out of the water.

"Oh, do I?" That didn't surprise her fully, considering she felt the same.

"Mhm. But s'different with you. In all past things I've had... the excitement changed. The first month or two would be great but as it went on it would all fizzle out. But I still get giddy when I realize I get to come home and see you. It's been a whole year." He admitted, sighing in contentment as she shifted slightly and looked up at him.

"And then, I get so proud to show you off. M'usually so private. But I don't mind if someone sees me with you. I'm excited that they do. Knowing that everyone else knows you're mine, and you're with me? You chose me? Makes me feel like the king of the world." He wasn't ashamed to admit it to her either. He felt her free hand's fingers ghost over his jawline, looking down to see a fond smile on her face.

"H..." she grinned, kissing his chest. "I love when you're like this." He was an affectionate lover but having him bare a part of his soul for her was a welcome part to their already intimate evening.

"But s'true. I have all this love and appreciation for you pent up and I don't say it all the time cause I don't want ya y'get tired of hearing me jabber away about how you basically hung the moon in my world." He was only slightly joking. She did. And all the stars. "You're so understanding of my world. You don't get angry at me too often, unless m'being a dickhead. You call me out on my shit, even when I don't like hearing it. You keep me grounded. People aren't straight with me in this life, they'll say yes to stay in my good side. Y'never ever cared about that with me. You always told me where I could shove it when I was being a prick and honestly, s'sexy." He wiggled his brows and let out a laugh when she playfully smacked his chest. "Oi, don't assault me for the truth. Y'get the bloody furrowed brow and pout and that mean stare... Christ..." he let out a faux moan, making her giggle yet again.

"You treat everyone with kindness. Y'aren't a pushover and you set boundaries. Animals love you, including mum's cats, and all of my mate's dogs. You're always a hit. Y'help out at parties and everyone, Everyone tells me how much of a pleasure you are. Like I don't already know. Y'dont know how many times I've been threatened to not fuck this up or they'll be choosing you over me." He laughed breathily. "I don't blame 'em."

Y/N watched with moony eyes as her lover complimented her with such lovely words, making her feel all warm and melty. He was always affectionate but it was moments like this made her realize that he truly did notice a lot more than anyone else realized, including herself.

"You make me those 'slutty brownies' even after I made fun of 'em. You memorized my orders for coffee and even the one time I mentioned I liked to have chips with cheese when m'drunk, you just... you're so thoughtful and lovely. You're beautiful. Y'light up a room and sometimes it's hard to believe you're truly mine. I want to keep you forever." He sighed, happy when Y/N leaned up slightly and pressed her warm lips to his. A tender, soft kiss with loving intentions behind it, she hummed into it with a smile interrupting it.

"Whats got you all smiley, hm?" He snickered, pecking her smile even though it was mainly teeth.

"You're just..." she paused. "An absolute fuckin' cheeseball."

"Oi!"