hades!h and the flower crown

Anonymous asked: Hi! Can you write a blurb about Hades!Harry trying to make a flower crown for Persephone!Y/N but he's having a hard time because the flowers kept on dying everytime he touch them?

Warning: fictional and may not truly adhere to the stories of hades and Persephone, just for fun!

Wc:750
—————-

His brow was furrowed tightly in focus. Harry, or Hades to most, was irritated beyond belief for once. The pink flowers his lover had managed to grow in the underworld, where nothing should ever live, we're thriving. He had made her a large greenhouse and he filled it with trees, a pond, and hundreds of varieties of plants and flowers. Outside of the enchanted greenhouse, nothing else could truly live. But in their home, it would be a beautiful masterpiece.

She had just arrived back. 6 months away and they'd spent a week simply in bed. Passion filled them, and as much as it had pained him to leave a glowing, fucked out and sleeping lover in his bed- he wanted to try this. His Y/N, his Persephone and queen, deserved nice gifts. However, unlike Harry, she wasn't one for true material things. She liked when Harry planned their dates and when he made her food, when he Knit her a patchwork sweater but in rainbow colors to rival his of varied tones of grey.

"Fucks sake."

The frustrated huff left the king's mouth as the pink flower wilted as he tried to rush and tie it with the stems. While his wife was one to not point out his shortcomings, this was one of them. How a woman so vastly full of life and light was in love with the king of the underworld, he wasn't 100% sure.

All he knew was, she was his light and his life. He loved her more than he ever imagined possible. When he had thought his heart had turned grey and brittle, she watered it with her love and turned it to gold. He always did love gold.

He could sense her behind him, embarassed slightly as he placed the failed crown down on to the floor. Persephone was intrigued to see her large, intimidating, dark husband on the grass of their greenhouse. Sat cross legged with picked flowers around him, she took in the scene and couldn't help a gentle coo come from her mouth.

He turned with a soft smile, wanting to grimace at his attempt but too full of love for his woman to let it show. She was covered in his red, silk button up, giving a look at her bruised thighs. And yet, in the underworld she managed to shine like the sun and enchant him every time she walked in the room.

"My love... what have you been up to?" She asked in a sweet voice. "You know I do not like waking alone...." She crossed the area with her bare feet, standing. Next to him.

"I was... attempting to make you a gift. It's silly... I know. They die rather quickly in my hands. But I wanted a beautiful crown made of flowers for my Petal." He turned and wrapped his arms around her thighs, his face burying between them to avoid further embarrassment. He had been foolish to think that anything but his Y/N would tolerate his touch.

Her fingers stroked through his silky waves, smiling widely to herself. "None of that, my love. It wasn't silly.... It was so, so incredibly thoughtful of you." Y/N was well aware of his nerves when it came to the greenhouse. Harry never wanted to ruin her work. Her oasis, he called it.

If only he knew that her oasis was simply anywhere he was.

"I don't want to hear any of that. You did something... so thoughtful and sweet. It makes me so happy. Despite your nerves around my plants you still attempted it because you wanted to make me merely smile." He almost purred with her fingers running through his hair, but nodded. She was right. Y/N always was.

"M'sorry." He said muffled against her legs. "That I couldn't do it." He was disappointed but she wasn't. To be honest, it only made her love for him grow- as if that was even possible.

"Don't apologize." She moved slightly in his grip, making him look up. Her body slowly sank down until she was placed straddled in his lap. Her hands grabbed the flowers and brought them to life, placing them in his hair. "There. They look gorgeous in your hair. I can teach you to make them.... And then we can return to our bed." She purred. Leaning forward, she pressed her swollen lips to his in a longing peck. They had a long afternoon ahead of them.