Intruder

We hid in a room as we heard them talk and scramble to find the intruders.

"It feels like we're hiding from the intruders but we are the intruders" Dante laughed quietly, as we all lay low.
"Who exactly are we looking for again?" Ace asked, glancing over at me. I pulled out my phone and showed him a photo of Leonardo.
"This ugly motherfucker" I grumbled, rolling my eyes. Ace just grinned evilly in response.

Someone knocked heavily on the door.
"Jason, you alright in there, open the door?" The person behind the door spoke. Their voice was quiet yet had a worried tone, I knew the guy behind the door wasn't going to leave unless he got an answer.
"Yeah, all good" Dante replied casually, giving a short simple answer. Ace and I almost died on the spot, our hands covered eachothers mouth to stop us from shouting at Dante. How stupid can one person be?.

"Alright, we have an intruder on the premises, so keep an ear out and if you hear anything, make sure to radio" The guy replied as we heard his footsteps leave from the behind the door. I let out a sigh of relief as Ace immediately grabbed Dante's throat.
"Are you fucking stupid Dante?" Ace spat between his teeth, making sure to keep quiet.
"Ace he just saved our lives, let the man breathe" I uttered, shaking my head in disbelief that Dante had managed to save us. Ace released his grip as Dante immediately sucked in a breath of air.
"What the fuck?" Dante croaked, as I patted his back soothingly.
"You did good, but don't be that fucking stupid again" I warned. I couldn't allow other people to jeopardise my revenge on Leonardo Accardi. I was so close; this man was at my finger tips.

Then I had a great idea, why didn't we just radio him to this room. I walked over to the door and peaked my head out. Ace and Dante sat in confusion as they watched my schemes play out. A recruit spotted me and ran straight to the room.

"Hey you" he shouted, forcing his way into the room. I slammed the door shut before the recruit could leave as Dante grabbed his two arms from behind and shoved him against the wall. The thud was loud but I doubt much would be done about it. I watched as Ace took the man from Dante and before he was able to scream, Ace ran the blade along his throat, letting the man drop to the floor. I picked up the radio and gave a smirk to Ace. He knew why I had done this.

That was the thing I liked about Ace and Dante. I didn't have to always give a reason why, and they didn't always have to know what to do. We could improvise on the spot, use eachother to get what we needed, and it would never be held against you. The more I got sucked into this mafia life, the more I wanted it.

I thought being Ace's right hand for a while would be a great opportunity but then I'd eventually give it up, leave the mafia and live a normal life; I was wrong. I knew each person I killed was a hole that was being dug deeper and deeper. People don't just walk away from this kind of lifestyle, and honestly I didn't want to. I enjoyed it too much. There was a rush in being powerful and that's how I knew my morals had changed. I enjoyed the power. I could kill whoever I wanted, whenever; there would be no consequences, or very little. No matter who did me wrong, revenge was always around the corner for them.

"Boss, boss, there's some movement down in the main room to the left of the building" I rang into the radio. I peaked my head out, "room 12".

"Go check it out, report back, we're evacuating in 5 minutes" he spoke back and my face became disgusted with hatred.
"Don't speak back, trust me" Ace warned before we interrupted by the door opening and a female walking in. I had no mercy for men or women. They all stopped me from getting what I wanted. Her facial expression grew with fear as she realised what was happening, she reached for her gun when I grabbed her hand, before shoving my blade up through her jaw into her skull.

Ace stared in shock as he watched the two bodies lay on top of eachother.
"What a brutal way to murder someone" He remarked as I just shook my head. Now was not the time for jokes. Maybe he wasn't joking though.

I was confused when after a few minutes, no one else had entered the room. I peaked my head out to see Leonardo getting into his SUV that was parked out front.
"Shit" I screamed, pulling my gun out and shoot at the SUV from the smallest window in the building. "Alex relax, Alex relax" Ace roared, pulling me into another room with Dante not far behind.

"He was right fucking there" I yelled, taking the radio from my pocket and throwing it across the room.
"We have to go, they're going to swarm the rooms" Ace urged, opening a window and climbing half out. I let out a deep sigh of disappointment yet climbed out the window after him. The anger I felt was so intense and so intertwined with my soul.

"We will get him, I promise" Ace reassured me, placing his hand on my shoulder.
"We had our chance, we'll have another" Dante nodded.