Suits

"Why didn't you- why didn't you call me for the funeral?" She questioned, wiping away her tears as seemed to sink into the couch. I stared at the wall, why didn't I call her?.
"Do you want the truth?" I asked, swallowing back my grief. I knew telling her truth would hurt her.
"Of course" She replied, her voice still breaking from crying moments ago.

"I hadn't spoken to you in months, I just didn't think you cared enough anymore. I also didn't want to drag you into our mess. I couldn't just ring you up and say Avery had died. I couldn't make you just stop your life for us" I spoke as my eyes welled up with tears.
"I would've though Alex, I would've" Deja said softly as she rubbed my back soothingly.

"I'm too far gone" I whispered, before glancing over at her.
"I'll always be here, no matter how far you go" she spoke reassuringly.

"Where are you living Alex?" She asked curiously, wiping the tear from my face with her finger.
"I live with a work colleague" I stated; I knew it was vague.
"Okay well if you're ever stuck, you know you can come to me" She insisted, running her hand through my white hair.
"Of course" I smiled weakly.
"I always loved your hair" She admitted with a snicker.

*****

It had been a few days since I had spoken to Deja. I knew I should probably go see her again soon, I didn't want to lose contact with her. Not like before.

I realised I didn't have to leave her behind just because she knew Avery.

However I knew Leonardo Accardi was just slipping even further from our grip. I hated that this arranged marriage was getting in the way of my revenge. If anything, I'd probably just have to murder the wife so that Ace could focus. He wouldn't care, he's ruthless and I'd probably just be doing him a favour.

I will not allow her to get in the way.

I knew Ace however would be meeting her for the first time in 10 days. I wasn't quite sure what would happen though. Ace never seemed like the romantic type; he doesn't seem like anyone's type.

"Ice, shut the fuck up" Dante spat, entering the kitchen where I was lost in thought.
"Dante, I'll kill you, so you shut the fuck up" I rolled my eyes as I sat at the table.

"When's our next mission", he suddenly changed topic. He knew I'd kick his ass.
"Tomorrow I think, we're going to check out another possible lead for Leonardo" I spoke before taking a bite of my sandwich. I watched as Dante thought to himself, he seemed to be scanning through his thoughts.

Before I even noticed, Ace was behind Dante. Ace sat at the table across from me. He reached his hand across the table and took half of my sandwich.
"Hey" I scowled as a grin spread across Ace's face. He chomped into my sandwich before I noticed a disgusted crease appear between his eyebrows. He didn't like tomato, and of course I put tomato on it. I began to laugh hysterically as Dante just watched us both in confusion.

Ace climbed to his feet and spat out the food from his mouth into the trash.
"You're a nasty motherfucker" Ace cringed with disgust.
"Let me try" Dante exclaimed, grabbing my sandwich.

"What the fuck? This is not a free for all with Ice's sandwich's" I yelled, taking my half back as soon as Dante had sunk his teeth into it. Ace began to laugh at Dante's expression. I shook my head disappointedly. All I wanted was a sandwich.

We all continued to talk and eat with Ace picking the tomato off.

"Tomorrow we head to a night club" Ace announced, wiping his mouth with a napkin.

Dante jumped from his slouched position in excitement.
"We haven't gone out in a long time" Dante cheered.

I had no clue what they were speaking about. We're going out?; but Ace promised me it would be a mission to grab Leonardo.
"I see the worry in your face. He'll be there" Ace reassured me, calming my thoughts.

"We got word he'd be in a very famous nightclub".

"So we're not going to party" Dante sighed with disappointment.
"He's like a child" Ace spoke to me while his finger pointed at Dante.
"We'll go back out if we catch him, don't worry".

Before I knew it, I was dressed in a suit. I glanced at Ace and shook my head.
"We're going to a nightclub and I'm dressed in a suit. We're going to look like idiots" I shook my head.
"We're going to one of the most famous nightclubs in the world. I've been there before and trust me, if I let you wear anything else, you'd be underdressed" He nodded as he fixed my tie. 

"For it to be so famous, I've never heard of it" I scoffed, wiping down my suit. Ace just grinned and rolled his eyes again. "It's not famous among your people for a reason".
"Are you trying to imply something?" I glared at him defensively.
"I'm not implying, I'm telling you. Low class and middle class don't know about it for a reason" He insisted. I was sort of offended even though I knew before I met Ace I would've been the lowest version of class you could've met. My mom was a junkie after all. She spent all her child allowance on drugs. So my shirts had holes and my shoes were too small.

Ace knocked on his bathroom door.

"Dante hurry the fuck up, you know they a policy about being late" he shouted at the door.
Dante opened the door and I couldn't help but laugh. His suit was a little too small and the hem of his trousers rested just above his ankles. Even Ace cracked a smile at the sight of him.

"That's rough but we don't have any other suits" Ace grinned, as Dante sulked, his eyebrows frowning with disappointment.

"This is what happens when you don't take care of your suit" Ace commented, shaking his head with half a smile.

We all left the room and headed downstairs. We climbed into the limousine and waited to arrive at this night club. That's when I realised I didn't even know it's name.