4

*Jeongin POV*

We climb into the van and go back to the school, Wonpil goes in with us to bribe the teachers who's classes we missed into marking us present. We walk into our current class period after he does his thing and he does it there too, and he does it to keep the class quiet too. Everybody will know we were with Wonpil but not a soul will know unless they were at the school working or in the class.

Me and Jinwoo take our seats and I try my best to follow what he said she did. I hid behind my hair and tried to not look at anyone other than him. The teachers would look to me and I could see them considering calling on me like they normally would. One finally did.

"Miss Lee, please come to the board and write the following lyrics to the lines already written."

I knew this song, it's English class, what's the song again? Wait. That song. That's Levanter, it's the English version of my song, how many lines does she want? I'll just complete it I guess.

I walk to the board, hair in my face, and pick up the thin piece of white chalk. I can hear Jinwoo tapping his feet anxiously awaiting my work. I write the rest of the song down on the board and turn around but keep my head down. I notice that the teacher's mouth is dropped open and she steps up to me to hold my shoulders.

"Your voice is beautiful."

Oh no. I must've sang the lyrics as I wrote them down! She's going to kill me! I allow myself to flush and nod a little. Jinwoo is sitting forward and looking at me with the utmost fear. I look up and push my hair back.

"No. I don't think I should be quiet anymore."

There was complete silence then a collective gasp. Jinwoo is waving his hands all over the place, shaking his head, saying don't do anymore.

"I've been mute for all these years, I didn't even think I could follow my dreams because I couldn't talk to anyone. What do you think Jinwoo? It's about time I spoke out right?"

He freezes and all eyes shift to him. He sits there with his mouth open wide and he slumps over, becoming numb. He looks broken, seems to be the ultimate shock of seeing this body stand forward and talk to the entire class. He dumbly nods and sits back in his seat.

"If you guys want I can sing the whole song instead that little bit."

Cheers erupted from the entire class and they all looked so happy. So I start to sing, and I do my part of the choreography, just give them a full performance of Levanter, letting every part of my voice be heard, because, in the end, it'll be her not me, what do I gain from this?

A teacher walks in to check on the class and freezes at the doorway, then he runs down the hall. Pretty soon all the teachers not on duty are in the classroom too, so I sing a few more songs in English that I know and do a little more dancing. It's nothing new, it's just like a normal performance, like a JYP annual evaluation.

I finish the performance and look around while breathing heavy. I get applause and proud looks from everyone, then the bell rings for lunch and me and Jinwoo walk together to the cafeteria and get trays and seats. The second we sit the entire student body in there with us goes silent. Some people whisper and then someone comes over to our table and hands me a paper.

'Sing Story that Never Ends by Stray Kids, your voice is perfect for it.'

I stand up as they leave and they turn around, so I nod and start singing, quietly to begin with, then the rest of the student body is clapping along so my voice grows. By the end of the song I had my tone pitched perfect to match each of my members' and everyone was watching including on duty teachers. My voice quiets and closes out the song, then I sit down to hear everyone clapping and whooping and cheering. It makes me happy because even if they aren't applauding me, they're happy with what they heard.