The kiss that made me realize

I wake up to my alarm blaring. I groan before getting out of my bed. I didnt wanna go to school today because I didn't wanna face Finney. I look in the mirror before walking to my closet and grabbing an outfit for school.

I slip on my outfit before doing my makeup and hair. Once I finished up I walked downstairs and out the door to see Finney and Gwen waiting for me.

I look at the ground not saying a word to Finney. "This is the whole reason I didn't want to go to school" I thought. Gwen walks up to me taking my hand with a smile. I look up at her and smile back.

She walks over to her brother also taking his hand. I look at her confused not knowing what she's doing. She looks at the both of us and then at our hands and smiles before placing them together. She steps back and admires her work.

I look down to see my hand intertwined with Finney's. "God my hands are so small they fit perfectly in his." I thought. I looked up to meet the shocked gaze of Finney. He didn't let go and neither did I.

Finney's pov (short)

We sat outside her house hand in hand. Neither of us let go and neither of us planned to. In the moment all I could do was stare at her a confused look on my face. "I don't want this moment to end" is all I could think. I look at my sister with a look that says thank you as she nods and smiles.

Back to Evelyn's pov

I soon realized that even though Finney liked Donna he still liked me also. But was it as friends or no. Suddenly Finney brought my hand up to his face as he kissed it. This answered my question. As more than friends.

I blushed hard. Obviously he saw because he smiled and said

"Goal complete." This made me giggle as I pulled him into a hug.
"Im so sorry for yesterday I guess you can say I was nervous and also jealous" I say sighing.
"I knew you were nervous but jealous?" He said.

"Of Donna she always has your attention now a days and it kinda hurts." I say mumbling the last part.

Finney tightens his grip.

"Yeah well you'll always be my favorite girl. And only if you knew what you don't you wouldn't be as worried." He says.

I hear a dramatic gasp come from Gwen.

"But I'm your dear little sister." She says with a laugh.

Me and Finney laugh as we pull apart intertwining our hands once more. I have to say this feeling I was feeling was amazing. I actually felt happy for once.

We start walking again and as we're walking we walk past a missing poster. I stopped and read the poster and gulped. It was for Bruce Yamada.

"You don't think there gonna find him do you?" Finney says squeezing my hand.
"Not how they want to." Gwen says before walking off me and Finney following.

As we're walking to school Gwen walks ahead of us. This gives me an advantage. I give a little time for Gwen to walk ahead. When she's far enough away I stop. Finney stops and looks at me confused.

"Why'd you stop?" he says.
"I know" I say
"Know what?" He says confused but also nervously.
"That you like me too" I say.

He doesn't run away like I did. Instead he pulls me close his hand placed gently on my cheek. As I look at him I notice his beautiful eyes. This makes me smile.

Finney had such amazing features. His fluffy brown hair. His sharp jawline. His huge smile that lights up my world. His laugh that sounded so sweet and innocent.

Suddenly I'm snapped out of my thoughts by someone's lips pressed against mine. It was Finney. This confirmed my question even more. It was more than friends.

He then pulled away with a smile on his face. But without a doubt or a single thought in my head I kissed back standing on my tiptoes to meet lips once again.

I didn't want this moment to end. It was my first ever kiss. And it meant the world to me because it was with Finney Blake, the only person I could ever care about.