The silent call

I woke up next to Finney. I slightly smile as I stroke his cheek with the pad of my thumb. I loved Finney I truly did but it felt so weird after everything that has happened.

Finney and I have been good friends for a while. We've had our ups and downs but nothing tore us apart. We made a promise and I wasn't gonna break it.

I was ready to risk it all for Finney Blake and I would do it twice maybe even three times if it meant he would be ok. The thing is I don't know if he would do the same.

I break out of my thoughts to look up. As I look up i see him looking at me. After last night it was hard to look at him.

I wanted nothing but to forget about last night the argument, the call, every thing. But I knew it would stick. It would stick so hard that it would be taken to the grave with me.

I turn away from Finney not wanting to look him in the eyes. As I do the phone starts ringing. I get up quickly to answer it. I pick up the phone expecting to hear Bruce.

"Hello?" I say but all I hear is static.
"Hello is there anyone there?!" I yell but still nothing.

It was just static silence. It was a silent call. It was really weird. I didn't know what to do or what to think. I hang up the phone as I slide down the wall tears in my eyes. What was i gonna do?!