The first call

I woke up to Finney pacing around the room. He seemed as if he's been doing it for hours on end.

"Finn are you ok?" I ask.
"Does it look I'm ok?" He snapped back.
"No but I was just asking" I say pissed before getting up and walking to the phone again.
"What are you doing?" Finney asks.
"Screw you im not telling you asshole" I snap.

I pick up the phone and try dialing again. It doesn't work. The phone was plugged in and everything but i couldn't make a call. I sigh putting the phone back on the hook.

I slide down the wall bursting into tears. I couldn't take it. Thoughts popped into my head. Was this the same guy who took Robin? Did he kill Robin? If he is the person that took Robin did he take the others too?

More and more thoughts slid into my head as I sat up against the cold wall. In the moment I was angry at myself angry at Finney angry at the world. It was terrible.

As I was sitting there the phone rang. That was weird. I couldn't make calls but I could receive them. I got up quickly and snatched the phone.

"Hello?!" I say wiping tears from my eyes.
"Elaine don't hang up" says a boy on the other end.
"I won't" I say looking at Finney.
"Who is this?" I say curiously.
"I don't remember my name" the boy says.
"Why not" I say confused as Finney walks closer.
"Its the first thing you lose" he says.
"Lose when?" I ask.
"You know when" the boy says.
"How do you know my name?" I ask.
"We've met once" he says.

There was a short pause.

"Finn's arm is mint. He almost had me" the boy says and that's when it clicked.
"Bruce! Bruce Yamada" I say.
"Yep that's me I think" he says.
"I'm glad it's you" I say.
"Look be careful. I'm gonna help you" he says.
"I will and how?" I say.

Silence.

"Go into the hallway theres a loose floor tile." He says.
"Ok" I respond.
"Pull it up. I started digging a hole but I didn't have enough time to dig out and to the other side. It's your turn to finish it. Good luck" he says.
"Ok thank you Bruce." I say
"You're welcome. Wait. Shit I've got to go" he says.
"Wait don't" I say but the other line goes dead.

Weird. I couldn't make call but I could receive them. I don't know how to feel about this. It made my stomach feel weird. It made me worry. This was the first call but it could also be the last.