Broken hearts and broken promises

As Finney tells me this I just collapse to the floor tears rolling out of my eyes. Finney drops down to his knees beside me as he holds me in his arms both of us rocking back and forth.

"Finney baby" I hear Donna say.

As I hear this I cry more than ever. My heart was already shattered but in this moment it shattered more. The reason it hurt so much is that when me and Finney were younger we made a promise.

We both had huge crushes on each other that we thought we would grow out of but if we didn't we promised that when we got older and if we started dating that no matter what happened accident or not we would always love each other and that we wouldn't cheat over some stupid little slip up.

But apparently Finney forgot about this because Donna was sitting in his room on his bed calling him baby. I didn't wanna say anything because I knew that now wasn't the time and maybe it will never be the right time. Both me and Finney were crushed. I couldn't risk losing him.

I pull Finney closer as I look at him. He looks at me before wiping a tear off of my cheek. After he did this I felt him slowly being pulled away from me. I look up to see Donna grabbing him.

Ok I know I said I wasn't gonna say anything but I'm not gonna let that slide. This was a time to be with my best friend and hold him through the pain. Hes not just my best friend he's my boyfriend.

"Finney I love you" I say as I look in his eyes.
"Can we not right now please" he says looking at Donna.

After he said this anger filled my body. I got up and walked out his room slamming his door nearly breaking it. I run to the bathroom shutting the door locking it behind me. I couldn't hold it in anymore. All these emotions I was feeling in the moment just took over. I slid down the door letting it out. All I knew was I just wanted to be in Finney's arms. But that wasn't gonna happen.

Finney's pov

"Can we not do this right now" I say looking at my beautiful best friend who's eyes are filled with tears.

As soon as I finished saying this I saw her mood change. She went from complete sadness to anger with the flip of a switch.

I watched as she stormed out of my room nearly taking my door off the hinges as she slammed it. Why didn't I say it back? I sigh knowing that I probably lost her too when she's really the only thing keeping my life together.

All I wanted was to be in her arms and I knew that it was never gonna happen.

Back to Evelyn's pov

I sat in the bathroom thinking about the day I met Finney and Robin. It had to have been the best day of my life.

I was the new girl at the school so everybody bullied me. Especially Moose. One day I was sitting one the playground when Moose came up behind me and pushed me off of the swings.

I was little and moose was big so I couldn't really defend myself because I knew if I did I would still lose. All of a sudden two boys came running up to us. This was Robin and Finney.

Robin being the badass he was immediately started fighting Moose while Finney helped me up. Once Robin was done he introduced himself.

And ever since that day it's been us three against the world. But now it's just me myself and I against the world and that sucked. The more I thought about this the more i cried and the more I cried the harder it was for me to breath.

All I ever wanted was to be accepted and Finney and Robin were the only people to ever accept me but now theyre gone and who knows if I'm going to get them back. But all I know is that I have to atleast try.

I stand up and clean my face up before I walk out of the bathroom. I unlock the door and open it. And to my surprise Finney was standing on the other side. I looked at him with a hurt expression. In the moment Finney pulled me in and held me.

"I'm sorry" he said as he kissed my forehead.
"I can't take this" I say trying not to break down again.
"I know" he says.
"Finney you broke a serious promise" I say.
"I know about I'm gonna mend it back together" he says.
"Well we'll see about that" I say.
"I love you" he says.
"I love you too" I say.