4; A Hot Splash

Track 4; Everybody Talks by Neon Trees

◥◤ ☼ ◢◣ ☼ ◥◤ ☼ ◢◣ ☼ ◥◤

"What do I even wear to this party?"

"Well, it is at Tengen's house, and he has a pool. So, wear some cute shorts and a tank top over your swimsuit!"

"Is that what you're wearing?"

You could almost see her shrug on the other end of the line. "Yeah, why?"

You sigh. "Okay, I think I have something along those lines."

"Make sure it's red!"

"Red?" You tuck your chin into your neck, creating a contorted amount of double chins. "Why?"

"Because it's Kyoujurou's favorite color~" She said teasingly.

"Mi-Mitsuri! Would you shut up about him?!" You didn't want to look at your flustered expression in the mirror on your closet door, so you looked towards the bay window instead. The weather was still adamantly hot, and your large fans were blowing out this time instead of in.

"Aww, come on (Y/N)! You can deny it all you want, I know you've got a crush on him~"

"I do not!" You almost shrieked it, stomping your feet on the ground like a toddler. Your green eyes dart to the bedroom door that's closed, knowing Inosuke could bust in at any moment. "Leave me alone!"

"How do you expect to get to the party if you can barely have a conversation with him?"

"I can talk to him just fine over the phone." You retort.

Mitsuri laughs. "Yeah, when you're TEXTING him, silly. Not in person."

"How am I supposed to say no when he offers to pick me up?!" You run your hand through your hair, faintly glancing at the half-opened closet door. "You're stressing me out! Let me get ready before he even gets here."

"Okay, okay. He's picking you up at six, yeah?"

Your eyes travel to your alarm clock. It's 5:05 pm. Your heart begins to speed up in your chest. 55 minutes. "Y-yeah."

"Great! That means you should be here at 6:15, right?"

"I think so." You look up at the ceiling, locking onto the array of tapestries push pinned in to hide the peeling paint.

"Awesome! I'll let Tengen know. See you soon!"

Before you could say goodbye, she hung up on you. You let out a deep sigh and threw your phone onto your bed. The faint sound of sirens interrupted any thoughts you had, and you finally found yourself looking at your reflection again. You held up a strand of your hair and grimaced. What were you supposed to do with this? Put it up? Braid it? Could you even braid? You mulled it over in your head, yanking over the closet door fully until it was open.

You dug around for a while until your hands found something deep within the dark depths. It was soft and stretchy, like a swimsuit. You hauled it out and discovered it was something that would probably go perfectly for what you were doing tonight. You looked down and ran your thumb across the red and white fabric, chewing on your lower lip in contemplation. It was a white bikini with red spider lilies making up the patterning. You had gotten it a year ago, last summer, and had tossed it into the closet and forgotten about it.

In all reality, it was the nicest thing you had inside that closet. It had been a gift from someone. Who had gotten it for you again? Why haven't you worn it yet? You shrugged, and tossed it onto the bed. It would have to do. It came with a waterfall skirt that clipped closed on your left hip. You did your hair in a way you thought would look cute with the outfit. Putting on makeup would be pointless seeing as Uzui would make it a game of how many times he could pick you up and toss you into the pool. The worst part? None of your friends would save you from his harassment.