5; Hideaway

Track 5; Westside Lobby by Tones & I

◥◤ ☼ ◢◣ ☼ ◥◤ ☼ ◢◣ ☼ ◥◤

You couldn't see anything in the water. The impact with the deep end had disoriented you enough that you almost forgot to hold your breath underwater. Kyoujurou's hands were a vastly different temperature on your hip. He had clasped his left hand on the backside of your thigh before jumping, and it made a fire course through your system— a hot coil tightening up. Your body was on a system-faltering overdrive when you finally recognized the sensation of being pushed away.

Oh you were so going to kill him.

How fucking dare he trick Kyoujurou into doing his dirty deeds for him.

Your wet hand slapped the concrete lining the pool edge, and you hauled yourself up enough to give Uzui Tengen a glare that you visibly imagined could eviscerate him and string his innards from the mason-jar fairy lights lining the yard. He was propped up in a lounge chair with a beer in his hand, wearing nothing but a pair of dark blue swim trunks and black sunglasses. That same stupid fucking smug smirk that you'd seen him wearing before was still on his face. He took a sip of his beer when your other hand anchored you to the ledge.

"I'm going to wipe that fucking look off your ugly ass face." You snarled venomously.

"Better be with a kiss, sweetheart." He goaded back.

When Kyoujurou popped his head above the water, the first thing he saw was the steam coming out of your ears and your futile attempt at hauling yourself out of the pool.

"YEAH A KISS FROM MY FIST!"

"Says the one who wore the swimsuit I bought for her as a gift."

"I'M BURNING IT IN THE BONFIRE!"

"So you'll give me a strip tease? At least let me take you to dinner, first."

The fiery blond pursed his lips in confusion, and he looked to Mitsuri for assistance. The pinkette was walking by, a drink in her hand when she stopped to watch the show. Her green eyes met his sunset ones when he cocked an eyebrow at her. "Oh, this?" She gestured to you still struggling to get out of the water. "She might need a hand, Kyo."

He turned back to you to realize that she was right. It only took him a second to fully digest what was happening: Uzui had used him for a prank. He thought back to what you said before he had jumped in.

"IT WAS ONE TIME! A BEE! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO—"

You were interrupted mid rant on the different ways you were about to kill Uzui when the water churned behind you. Your leg fell back into the pool and you flattened your lips, subconsciously stiffening when his shadow fell over the top of you. The water around you was a cool, languid temperature that felt divine against the California sun, but it did nothing to offset the electricity that shot through you like a bullet when his hands settled on your hips—again.

REMAIN CALM.

YOU ARE IN PUBLIC.

ISH.

UZUI TENGEN & CO COUNTS AS PUBLIC.

You were horrified that Uzui could see the deer-in-headlights face you were wearing when Kyoujurou redirected one of his hands down your side. There was no way in fucking hell this man did not know what he was doing to you. Your heart skipped a beat when he grabbed the underside of your thigh. The unfamiliar jolt of heat tightened that coil and you gasped when he heaved you out of the water and set you down on the edge.