15; Cigarettes

Track 15; Scatterbrain by Emei

◥◤ ☼ ◢◣ ☼ ◥◤ ☼ ◢◣ ☼ ◥◤

Kyoujurou held the main door of your building open for you before stepping inside himself. The two of you looked like a professional business couple, seeing your white blouse and black slacks with his button-up shirt and red tie. There was a tickle in the back of your brain that made you almost giddy when you pictured it: it was giving power couple vibes. You glance up at him once the two of you arrive at the elevator. You use your key card to summon it down to the first floor.

His eyes are on you, and it makes you nervous. You look up at the numbers above the elevator, watching them go down as it gets closer. He hadn't said much after you agreed to go to breakfast with him. You weren't sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing. You can't read his body language, he seems relaxed. Either that or he's just a goddamn master when it comes to hiding how he feels. He seemed calm and collected, like always. It was attractive. He was probably the most level-headed guy you knew.

There's a ding, and the sliding doors to the elevator open. You step out of the way of someone with a baby stroller when it's the first thing you see as the door cracks. You completely forgot how close Kyoujurou was to you, and accidentally stepped on his foot. You cringe at yourself and do your best to get off of him, accidentally flat-tiring yourself in the process and losing your balance.

His hands are firm, but gentle when he grabs your bicep in one and loops the other around your waist so you don't fall backwards. This has caused him to put you in a position where it looks like he's dipping you for a kiss. Your whole body stiffens against your will, and your head begins to froth. You know that scene from SpongeBob where the little clones inside his brain are losing their shit?

That's your brain. Right now.

If you start foaming at the mouth, I'm going to assume that you need an exorcist.

The lady pushing the stroller doesn't seem to notice the awkward situation you've ended up in. Either that or she was just purposefully ignoring it. If so, you mentally thanked her. If she had looked your way you probably would've fucking imploded.

Without a word, Kyoujurou lets go of your bicep and straightens you up with the one he's got around your waist. It's like he knows you mentally shut down for a second because he guides you into the elevator. The reflective walls of the aged box snap you back into reality. The walls bend and warp where furniture has made dents from people moving in and out. While it distorts your reflection alongside his, for whatever reason it makes your stomach fill with butterflies. The last time you were isolated with him was when he chased you down for stealing Uzui's bike. Before that was when...

The author squirts you in the face with a spray bottle.

You have a dumb look on your face when the doors close. Kyo cocks an eyebrow and cants his head at you expectantly. You make eye contact and find it difficult to look away until you realize what's going on: the elevator isn't moving. Why? Because your horny brain forgot to push the button for your floor. When the realization hits you, you give him a nervous smile and push the button for the 3rd floor.

Somehow, you hit the 2nd, 3rd, AND 4th floor all in one go.

Are you having a stroke? Should I get you a shock collar so you can focus?

You mentally facepalm. This is a great way to make yourself look attractive. The elevator opens and closes on the second floor; no one gets on. You feel like you're foaming at the mouth right now, or about to; like a feral, rabid animal. It's stupid the way being within a certain radius of this man makes you go bonkers, like you've lost all sense of rationality. Yet when he's close enough, he snaps you right back into focus. It's almost like he was playing some kind games on you. Did he know what he was doing to you? The power he had over you?