6; Carnality

Track 6; Hellboy by Greyson Chance

◥◤ ☼ ◢◣ ☼ ◥◤ ☼ ◢◣ ☼ ◥◤

"Are you getting into trouble out there?"

The way he looked at you made you weak in the knees. There wasn't much light in the room, nothing but the illuminated multicolored mason jars reflecting off of the pool and dipping into the window. You could see his eyes, though. They swallowed every inch of illumination that slipped into the room, and you. Goosebumps of anticipation flashed across the back of your neck.

He looked even more divine in the dark of the room than in broad daylight. The rainbow flashes that bobbed in and out of the room accentuated each of his features. Each line that sculpted him looked hand-crafted from the gods, like they'd painted him and put him on this planet. The butterflies in your stomach were so immense that your body tried recognizing it as fight or flight mode. Your heart kicked into overdrive and your mind began to falter.

You could not think straight when you were alone in a room with him. You tuck your hands behind your back, searching for pockets. There aren't any there, you only find the hem of your bikini, and the string holding the top together. Was your body running hot because of the alcohol coursing through your system or some other reason?

"W-what gave you that idea?"

He took a step towards you, and you took one back. Your breath caught in your throat and you swallowed it when he continued to close in on you. The small of your back hit the vanity behind you. You could get away, if you wanted to. He left you an obvious opening on your right that you had to take a step for and he would back off, you could tell. He was maybe half a foot away from you now, watching your green eyes flick between him and the door, like you were contemplating. When you finally didn't look away, he almost missed the way your tongue darted at your lower lip.

Kyoujurou clenched and unclenched his hands.

You didn't realize he was doing his best to maintain his composure when his hands slammed down on either side of you. You nearly shrieked, but no sound came from your mouth. You were officially unable to get away from him now. You were quite literally cornered between his amazingly muscular arms and then only millimeters away from your navel touching his own. He leaned down over you, and you tilted your head back to meet his gaze.

Your thighs clenched. He noticed the way your hands scrambled for the edge of the dresser and dug your fingernails in. Your pupils had blown wide and drowned out any inch of jade he had been able to see before. His own sclera were washing out the red in his eyes. You hadn't done anything but look at him and he found it increasingly difficult to breathe.

"Headband."

You almost missed what he said. It went in one ear and out the other.

"What?" Your own voice came out in a whisper. Your legs were trembling.

"Take. Off. The headband."

His voice was so low that it made shivers crawl up your spine. Your slight shudder was visible to him. You lifted your main hand to do what he had asked, but hesitated. Why was he asking you to take it off? Did it make him uncomfortable? Your brain finally clicked, though it was a slim shot in the dark. Was he...jealous?

That idea alone sent your confidence through the roof. Your consumed alcohol was officially taking the reins and stealing the chariot of your rationality. So what if you'd only known him for all of 30 hours? He was undeniably attractive. You had been as oblivious as a blind lady at first, but what he had just said told you everything. It was all that you needed to know. Your stubbornness ran strong. Wherever this nervously bold version of you came from, you didn't question it. Your hand fell back to the vanity, the side of your palm brushing against his.