Chapter. 10

Note: I know that men and women aren't allowed to mingle freely in the Lan Sect, but for the sake of the story just pretend that rule doesn't exist.

"A'Hong! Where have you been? I've barely seen you in the past week."
Wuxian said running up to the friend group.

"Isn't it obvious? We've been replaced by the peacock and his followers." Jiang Cheng sighed, following behind along with Nie Huaisang.

"I could never replace you guys, I swear! I've just been a little preoccupied."She answered.

"Preoccupied with what?"
Nie Huaisang asked from behind his fan.

"Nothing much, just uncovering the evil deeds of Su Minshan, and saving the Lan Sect from bankruptcy." Zixuan replied nonchalantly.

"What?" They all said.

They then explained the whole ordeal with Su She, along with Tongqing.

"How did somebody like him get into the Lan Sect in the first place." Jiang Cheng said.

"It's quite ironic considering that the Lan Sect motto is 'Uphold Righteousness'." Wuxian said.

"I never really liked him." Huaisang added.

"But all that aside, you finnaly figured out what Tongqing does! Being able to talk to animals is so cool." Wuxian said.

"And practical. Imagine what you could find out with a skill like that." MianMian added.

"If a war breaks out it will be quite useful." TaiFeng replied unfolding her fan.

"Why would a war break out!?" They all gasped, while Huaisang looked at her with intrigue from behind his own fan.

"Wen Rouhan has been tightening his hold over his territories recently. Do you really think the Wen Sect attending lectures this year is a coincidence?" She raised an eyebrow while Meng Yao and MianMian thought about it.

"Gusu is one of the strongest gentry sects around, aside from the Qinghe Nie Sect they pose the most threat to Wen Rouhans dictatorship."
She said with a flick of her fan.

".... How old are you?"Zixuan said in astonishment.
"Aren't you supposed to be younger than Young Lady Jiang? How come you're so knowledgeable when it comes to stuff like that. With the way you acess situations I would have thought that you were some wise imperial scholar at the ripe age of eighty."

"Age has nothing to do with it. It's just common sense. And besides, if I plan on starting my own sect it's only natural for me to know about these things." She replied.

"You want to start your own sect? Does that mean you plan to leave Lotus Pier?" Jiang Cheng said.

"Aaw, is ChengCheng going to miss me?" She teased.

The entire group laughed at this while Jiang Cheng chased TaiFeng around saying he'll break her legs.

'Wen sect starting a war? It's not completely unlikely.'
Zewu-Jun thought as he observed the seven friends from afar.

Timeskip to after curfew.

TaiFeng had changed her white robes with the Jiang sect motif, and was now dressed in her red and black robes.

She quietly walked round Cloud Resseses, being careful to avoid any patrolling disiples.

She was on a mission to find the dire owl that was stalking Gusu Lan Sect. It was coming up to the time where Wuxian gets Wangji drunk and they find the Yin Iron in the Cold Pond Cave.

She had to make sure she found the owl before then.

"Come out, come out, wherever you are~ Just let me kill you so I can go back to sleep." She whispered under her breath.

'There!' She thought as the owl finnaly came into her sight.
After chasing it through the dense tree she followed it into a courtyard.
It seemed like nobody lived their so she entered.

Cornering the beast, shot her sword toward and struck it through the heart. As it turned into a pile of black ash she closed her eyes.

"May your soul find peace in the afterlife." She said solenmly.

She really felt bad about having to kill an innocent animal, even if it was teeming with resentful energy, it was still just an owl.

"That's the first time I've seen someone wish for their victims soul to find peace."
A calm voice spoke.

TaiFeng whipped her neck round so fast she almost broke it.
She then came face to to face with a good looking middle aged man in simple lan robes.

He had one hand behind his back and  had a calm and tranquil demeanour about him.

"I'm sorry if I intruded sir. I wasn't aware of anyone living here." She deeply bowed sword in hand.

"Lectures should have started recently. May I know which sect your from?" He kindly asked smiling with his eyes.

'Letures started ages ago, is he in seclusion?'

"Respectfully answering your question. My name is Qian TaiFeng, and in currently a guest disciple of the Yunmeng Jiang Sect." She bowed.

"Ah no need to be so formal." He gestured for her to rise, which she did.

" My name is Lan WeiFeng, although you probably know me better as Qingheng-jun."

WeiFeng means gentle breeze

"You're Wangji's father?" She said eyes glimmering.

No wonder he looked familiar. Now that she got a closer look at him he looked like an older,less stiff version of Lan Wangji.

"You know my son?" He asked.

"He's my future brother-in-law, he just doesn't know it yet." She smirked.

Qingheng-jun raised an eyebrow.

"You seem like you know him well. It's been such a long time since I've had company. Would you like to stay for some tea?"
He smiled.

"I would love to." She smiled back.

As she sat down while he poured the tea, she took in her surroundings.

It was a very plain room with barely any colour and their were only a few possessions.

According to the drama, he had lived in seclusion since he married Madam Lan. After she died, he completely shut himself off from the world.

He didn't deserve to be drowning in his own sadness. Not when he had a younger brother who, deep down, cared for him, along with two amazing sons. He deserves to spend time with them and enjoy life.

"So tell me about Wangji and Xichen, are they doing well?"