Chapter. 29

"I found it!" A Nie disciple shouted out.

"It looks like some sort of cave." 

Xichen picked up the pace with TaiFeng on his back, who had grabbed onto him even tighter.

".... Xichen-ge, you can put me down now. Unless you plan on carrying me into the cave."

'Not that I would mind or anything.'

"ChaoChao, you found the cave!" Wang LingJiao squealed.

TaiFeng raised an eyebrow at his ridiculous nickname and scoffed.

"Of course I did! Men, let's go!" Wen Chao bragged, dismounting his horse.

Everyone was on high alert, well, at least those who were informed of the plan.

Soon the party came towards the end of what looked like a steep drop straight down.

Illuminating it with some torches the Wen disciples peered down only to be met with more darkness.

"I can't see a damn thing!" Wen Chao loudly complained.

"Are you all so useless that you can't light up a damn cave?!"

Wanting the young master to just shut his trap, a Lanling Jin disciple sighed and took out a light pink talisman with yellow writing.

Instantly recognising it as one of her own, TaiFeng was radiating pride.

Throwing it in the air, three basketball sized orbs of pink light were floating around in the cave, illuminating their surroundings clearly. 

"What kind of talisman was that? It looked so pretty!" Another Jin disciple chimed in.

"Hah, that's our sects specialty talismans!" Gao Song said, practically beaming with light.

"Sect Leader Qian designed those herself, even down to the colours. Pretty amazing right."

"When it comes to talismans, if Sect Leader Qian comes second, nobody would dare come first." Gao Liang added, crossing his arms in pride.

"Alright, you two, that's enough." TaiFeng playfully reprimanded them. 

"Remember, you should let your actions speak louder than words."

"Yes, Sect Leader Qian." They all smiled.

Wen Chao looked like he was going to have an aneurysm with the way he was looking at TaiFeng.

...Not like that would be a bad thing.

"It's a shame that we still can't really see what's at the bottom though." YiZhang said, peering over the edge.

"Fine then. Why don't you take a look for yourself!" Wen Chao yelled before harshly pushing YiZhang down into the abyss.

"Shixiong!"

"YiZhang!"

"WEN CHAO! YOU DARE LAY A HAND ON MY KID?!" TaiFeng roared, eyes flickering like a faulty light bulb.

"Hah, I wasn't aware Sect Leader Qian had a child! Hahaha." Wang LingJiao  laughed from behind Wen Chao.

"You dare talk back to those who rank higher than you?" She darkly replied

"Know your place, whore."

"Eh?! ChaoChao, she's disregarded me! How dare you." Wang LingJiao spat, clinging on to Wen Chao's arm.

"Disregarded? Listen here, you piece of filth. I am a sect leader. You are nothing but a bed warmer with low cultivation. So watch your tounge before I cut it off." She snapped, leaving everyone's mouths wide open.