Chapter. 28

"WEN CHAO HAS ARRIVED!"

"They just had to go and spoil a great family moment." TaiFeng sighed.

They all instantly took their places in line, scattering like nervous cockroaches.

Once again sitting down in his tacky throne, he stared at TaiFeng with pure unbridled spite.

She just rolled her eyes at him, which angered him even more.

Looking towards her left, she saw that Wen Xu had come out of his hiding place and was now out in the open for everyone to see.

'So, Wen Xu, you finnaly come out.'

"Psst, Er-jie, who's that on the left?" Wei Ying whispered.

"A little bitch." She replied, eyes filled with rage.

Xichen glanced over at Wen Xu, he had seen him once or twice at a few discussion conferences in the past, but that was about it.

Examining the man closely, he saw that was always looking in TaiFeng's general direction. This upset him greatly. Looking even closer he saw the bruise marks on his neck that were almost identical to the one TaiFeng had.

Putting two and two together, he figured out that it was that bastard Wen Xu who harmed TaiFeng!

He was absolutely livid! How dare he lay a finger on her! He was doing his best to conceal his emotions but his younger brother saw  through his calm façade.

"Xiongzhang?" Wangji whispered, looking breifly at Wen Xu, then back at him.

"His neck." Xichen said, in a low baritone voice, anger evident in his tone.

Looking closer, Wangji saw the bruises on his neck and understood instantly.

'At least she got him back for it.' Wangji thought.

TaiFeng was thrust out of her  thoughts, by the movement of a disciple going towards Wen Chao and whispering in his ear.

'Ah shit, here we go again.'

"What are we even looking for anyway?!" Two Nie disciples complained searching through the dense bushes.

"No clue, I guess we'll know it when we see it." A third disciple sighed.

TaiFeng slowly and gracefully walked around the grassy area. To everybody else, it just looked like she was sauntering about like some sort of dignified royal. But in reality, she was just limping and trying to cope with her wounds as best as she could.

'I really need to work on my pain tolerance.' She sighed.

Lookijng to her right, she saw that hoe Wang Lingjiao riding on horseback with Wen Chao. Honestly, she looked absolutely ridiculous with her tacky clothing and irritating voice.

This may be ancient China, but TaiFeng knows the work of a Wonder Bra when she sees one.

"Er-jie, who's that?" Jiang Cheng said, judging the vile woman along with Wuxian.

The three of them were huddled together, eyeing the two with judgemental gazes.

Twin Prides? Nah. There's only the Gossip Trio of Yunmeng.

"That's Wang Lingjiao." TaiFeng spat, clenching her fist.

"She's a maidservant who crawled into Wen Chao's bed and slept her way to the top. She thinks she's so high and mighty when in reality her cultivation level is below average. She thinks she's the greatest with that damn branding iron of hers. Truly revolting."