Chapter 36

"Consider this a divorce." 

She said as she almost plunged the cold steel through his heart. Key word here being "almost".

"Unhand First Young Master Wen!!" Thirty guards shouted, bursting through the doors.

"AH, C'MON, REALLY?! YOU GUYS BURST IN NOW?!" TaiFeng whined, quickly getting into a fighting stance... Not before sending a spiritual energy charged kick straight to Wen Xu's nuts, knocking him out. 

'It looks like it might be the end of the line for me.' 

"I really should have brought a bigger knife." She smirked, stretching her arms. 

"So are you going to come at me all at once. Or are we going to do this one at a time." 

Taking the first three guards out with spiritual energy, she leaped over the rest and ran down the hallway for her life. 

'Dashi run run run!!!'

"Stop!! Come back here!!" 

Ditching her headdress and throwing at one of the guards, she did a hard right, and kept running, the blood on her face starting to dry and get sticky.  

Taking off her outer robes, she kept running further, she could almost see the exit. 

'I can make it. I can make it! I can escape! I can see everyone again.'

"Close the door!!" The guards behind her shouted, at the Wens patrolling the exits.

'No, no, no! It's okay, I can still make it. I can make it!'

Running faster and faster, towards the fast-closing doors, tears trailed down her face as she came to the realization that she wouldn't make it.

"I'm sorry everyone." She whispered.

Stopping in her tracks, she turned around, dagger in hand and a cracking smile on her face, she spoke. 

"It looks like I've come to the end of the road. Who cares! Someone will avenge me anyway!" She maniacally laughed, her hot, salty tears flowing from her amber eyes like a waterfall. Defiantly, pointing her small dagger at the now fifty-something soldiers all huddled together, getting ready to face her.

"The Wens will fall with or without me here! So come at me! I'll bring you all down to Hell with me!" 

Charging at full speed, she took out four men at once. Blasting spiritual energy behind her, she disarmed another four. At once three more charged, he left, leaving a few cuts with their swords.