Chapter.13

It was about six o'clock when TaiFeng got back. But she wasn't going to go to sleep just yet. She had to gather information to make a compelling case.

With that thought in mind she headed to the library. There were still three  hours until curfew, so she thought she could gather enough info by then.

Walking into the building she looked around and saw Wangji sitting down and reading scriptures.

Slightly bowing at him, she then went over to the bookshelves.

"YueYang Chang Sect. YueYang Chang Sect. Where are you." She muttered under her breath.

"What are you searching for?" Wangji said from behind, scaring the heck out of her.

Jumping, she turned around.
"Oh, it's just you." She said letting out a breath.

"I'm looking for any information about the YueYang Chang Sect. It's quite important."

Nodding Wangji went over to a few bookshelves and took out five or so books. He handed them over with that stoic expression of his.

"Thanks." She replied going over to the desks and taking a seat.

Opening one of the books she got to work.

After about ten minutes she found a family tree of the sect.

Chang HanYu, the former sect leader was much loved by the people and under him, the sect prospered.

However, a while back he got sick with an unknown illness. The First young master, Chang PingYun also got sick along with his wife, Chang Meili, who was pregnant at the time.  After four days, the three succumbed to the illness and passed away, leaving the Second Young Master Chang, Chang Li Huang, as the current Sect Leader.

"That's hella sus." She whispered under her breath.

After looking through the records she managed to find some notes that the doctors took regarding their condition.

Their symptoms were muscle pain, dilated pupils, increased salvation, abnormal heart rate, loss of speech and convulsions.

'Something sinister happened here. And Shangguan Zhu knows something about it.'

"Hold on a minute!"
She said, startling Wangji in the process.

She then opened her qiankun pouch and pulled out a small book labled 'Poisons and Their Symptoms.' It had her name stitched onto the spine in red thread.

Wangji stared at her with curiosity.

After flicking through the pages she stopped.

'Water Hemlock.'

It made perfect sense! All the symptoms matched up and it grows near water. Since YueYang is a river side town, it wouldn't be hard to acquire.
The puzzle pieces finnaly fit together.
Chang Meili, Chang PingYun and Chang HanYu never contracted an illness.

They were murdered.

This was a inheritance killing.

Since Chang Li Huang wasn't the main successor of the sect, he chose to murder his father and older brother. Chang Meili was most likely collateral damage in his plot to take over YueYang Chang.

After looking through the records again, she found a list of people that worked there during the time of the murder.

And on that list was none other than Shangguang Zhu.
He was working as an assistant healer at the time, and he quit shortly after the deaths.

She was thrust out of her reverie by a knock at the door.

"Oi, tiger, are you in here?" Jin Zixuan said, walking in to the door.