Reunions

Image Credit: Puhoi- Tumblr

GUIDE:

y/n -Your name

H/l -Hair Length

H/C- Hair Color

E/C -Eye color

F/c -Favorite color

Note:

I've been stoned writing all of this. Also Y/n is probably also a stoner and probably mentally ill, sorry.

Also Greg is a good dad and helps my daddy issues.

"Come on, it'll be fun," Greg's upbeat voice flowed out of the cell phone

"Come on, it'll be fun," Greg's upbeat voice flowed out of the cell phone. His voice was so loud that you double-checked to make sure it wasn't on speaker. "Steven is so excited to see you again, and the gems, I know they would love to meet you."

Greg could be heard chuckling on the other end, and in the background, there was the distant sound of a boy's laughter. "You'll be staying in the beach house with Steven and the gems! I wouldn't force you to stay in my van."

"Oh right, the beach house!" you replied, feeling a mix of excitement and nervousness.

"I uh... I just don't wanna intrude, and in all honesty, Uncle Greg... don't you still live in your van?" you mumbled over the line, moving one of your hands into your (h/l) (h/c) hair. "I mean, it sounds like a pretty cramped space, and-"

"I promise you, kiddo, the beach house is spacious and cozy," Greg reassured. "You won't be intruding at all. I can't wait to meet you."

You couldn't help but swallow hard, eyes lingering down at your phone, eyeing the contact picture of your uncle's and cousin's bubbly faces. Memories flooded your mind as you recalled the last time you had been to the house. You had been so young, running down the wooden stairs of the porch with a woman known to you as "Auntie Rose." Your hand clasped around Rose's in a fit of giggles, and the two of you would run across the sand, causing seagulls to fly off each morning.

"I don't know," you replied to Greg's invitation, your voice trailing off as you heard the front door swing open. The temptation to peek over the railing of the stairs almost successfully lured you, but the sound of shuffling footsteps soon entered the house, and not far behind was the sound of your father's cold voice, speaking over the phone.

Quickly, you held the phone closer to your chest as you slipped down the hall into your room, closing the door. "Y/n?" your father called out.

"Sorry," you huffed as you kicked a footstool across the room towards your closet. "You know what, Uncle Greg? It's been a while, I think I'll join you guys for the summer."