Greetings

The beach house luckily wasn't on fire but man did it smelt like it. Greg sniffed the air a few times before he nearly jumped. "The cake!" He bolted into the small kitchen, grabbing the nearest oven mitt and pulled out a blackened crisped lump that was originally supposed to be cake.

Steven blushed nervously and pointed towards the couch. "Have a seat Y/n." He chuckled softly and ran over into the kitchen to help his father. Y/n took a seat and leaned forward, she could just barely see two cracked eggs on the floor. On the kitchen cabinets were splatters of what Y/n assumed to be cake batter. "I guess I shouldn't have placed Amethyst in charge of baking." He laughed and grabbed a rag, wiping down the surfaces. "But oh man, now what dad?"

"It's okay Steven, we can always celebrate Y/n visit down here later." Greg reassured, he looked over his shoulder meeting eyes with his niece who sat on the couch patiently. His head turned, peering around the room. "Hm, I wonder where the gems are."

As if on cue the warp pad lit up and appeared were three Crystal Gems. Steven immediately tossed aside the rag and ran over to the three women. "Garnet, Amethyst and Pearl!" He exclaimed, hugging the three of them. "You're home!"

Pearl looked towards the kitchen. She lowered her eyes onto the pan that held the burnt cake. "Is that why there's a smell of smoke in here?"

Amethyst cocked her head in the direction Pearl was looking in and laughed. "Oh... I totally must have messed up the baking time. Oops." She began to walk down the warp pad however paused at the sight of the human who sat across the room.

"It's okay Amethyst, however did you beat the eggs literally?" Steven questioned, a bit distracted before watching the purple gem stop. He quickly made his way in front of the gems, standing in the middle of the room between the gems and his older cousin. "Guys, I would like you to meet Y/n, she's my cousin! She'll be with us for the summer!"

Y/n stared blankly at the three gems, still processing how anyone can just materialize out of thin air like they did. She also couldn't help but stare intensely at each of them. She had never seen a purple woman before, or a woman who had a gemstone formed on the top of her forehead, nor a tall lady with two gemstones embedded in her palms. Steven and Greg had mentioned the gems and how they were aliens and from space. Yet it was now when Y/n was actually meeting them for the first time that all of those facts seemed to finally click. "Whoa." Was all she could muster for a second. She found herself pushing her body off the couch into a standing position and took cautious steps till she was beside Steven. "It's very nice to meet you all."

"Oh yeah!" Amethyst smiled up at Y/n and glanced over at Steven. "We have to take her to Funland. This is going to be awesome."

Y/n felt a small amount of stress leave her shoulders yet its presence was conflicted as the tallest woman walked down from the warp pad. Black glasses stared down at Y/n, who stared back, hopefully meeting the woman's eyes. "Welcome, I'm Garnet. Steven has been very excited about your presence."

Y/n matched Garnet's smile and dipped her head. "I'm excited to be here too." Her eyes roamed off of Garnet to the gem in the back of the room. She assumed the gem was Pearl.

Pearl stood tall, her glance check over Y/n before walking over towards Steven. "Y/n you can stay one the couch. That can be your designated bed while you're here." Were the only words left her lips. Pearl was quick to twirl on her feet, she peered over her shoulder. "I have some matters to attend to." In an instant she walked back up, passed the warp pad and walked through a large door. Y/n tried to sneak a glance inside of the room Pearl entered but failed to catch a guess of anything that could be in there.

Garnet paused and straightened out her posture. "Pearl doesn't deal with adjustments well."

Y/n's brows furrowed softly together, did she do something wrong?

"Give P some time." Amethyst stated and gently clapped her hands together with a gasp. "Steven!"

The fourteen year old jumped that sound of purple gem's voice, eyes still dazed looking at the door. He shook his head and looked at Amethyst. "What's up?"

"Let's go with Y/n and get some of the bits!"

Greg laughed while he made his way to the door after cleaning up a bit of the kitchen's mess. "You guys let her unpack. She just had a long trip here."

Y/n shook her head and sent a small wave off towards her Uncle. "It's okay uncle Greg." She felt the pocket of her jacket for her wallet. "I'll unpack later tonight." She smiled down at Steven, she couldn't believe he was fourteen. "Show me the bits." Was all Y/n said before Steven's and Amethyst's smiles turned mischievous and the next thing Y/n knew was she was being pulled along down to the boardwalk. 

Notes;

Comments appreciated!  Thanks for reading!

Photo credit: Mmishee DeviantArt.