The incident

TW: Drug use, Attempt robbery. Nothing too violent in this chapter but those are the themes so please be safe. 

Sorry, I was big sad and depressed oopies. I have future parts written, will be posting them soon. Also lowkey edited/not. Also, I decided that this fic won't be following the time line correctly and Idk how long of a slowburn I want to write because i do be a sap, a fool, a clown for love.

K. Cool, be kind to yourself. 

----

----

It was all a blur, and she wasn't quite sure why she was crying or where she was headed. The crystal gem's words had no reason to impact her like they did. Her chest shuddered with a shaky sob as she stepped out into a back alley behind the hotel, trying to find a way for air to go into her lungs but her throat felt tight.

Y/n crawled her hands into her hair, nails scratching at her scalp. She breathed the biggest breath in that she could manage. Her chest swelled, her stomach dropped slightly before she released it while wiping at her eyes. Maybe this was the effects of being off her anxiety meds. Afterall Pearl's words shouldn't have had any effect on her right? They barely knew each other but her statement stung all the same, rubbing into soft, sensitive and wounded skin.

She wiped at her now puffy eyes and the rest of her face with her hands before she looked around the surrounding area and noted herself to still be in her pajamas. Y/n shoved her hands into her pockets feeling her phone and earbuds in one, and her wallet in the other. She glanced over her shoulder now down an different alley's small crement path out toward the main sidewalk and street. Cars zoomed passed, and the city glowed passionately as nightlife flowed around her, with groups stumbling past her in drunken laughter. Y/n's mind logically screamed for her turn back, yet the back door was no longer in sight. Nor was the Hotel's main entrance which had provided a welcoming glow. Y/n's stomach sank farther within itself, she hadn't meant to be so reactive and end up on some random side street in a city she hadn't been to before. She stole a look at her phone, noting it's battery percentage however her eyes lingered a second to long over the miss calls and piling text from her uncle, she dismissed them but only for a second. Her fingers danced across the screen, sending a text that she just needed a walk and would be back soon. With shaky cell reception and click of finger, the message sent and Y/n decided would search for the route back later, for now alone a small lone adventure to nowhere was perhaps what she needed.

--

Piano played quietly over the air, the gentle touch of the keys mixing with the sound of ice clashing into glass cups and drinks being mixed along the bar. Greg sat hunched over at the far end, he ripped a cherry from it's stem with a sigh to himself, "Cherry man." He threw the stem into an empty plastic cup as a throat is cleared behind him. The man lifted his head, throwing a look over his shoulder to see no other than his son holding Pearl's hand. He watched as Steven gently sent Pearl a smile to which she tried to return, but it was awkward, tight-lipped and didn't reach her eyes.