Rough Start

A/N: Things are maybe slightly out of order than the actual episode.

Empire city was towering with buildings, streets filled with crowds and there were indeed so many blinding lights.  Lights that were flashing, flickering, changing all sorts of colors to brighten street corners. The smell in the air was a mix of traffic fumes competing against the smell of food from every restaurant and bar they passed. What was maybe the most surprising thing about Empire City was the hotel Greg parked his van outside of. Which says alot considering Y/n thinks she may have seen a man dressed in rat costume on a street corner when they first entered city limits.

The hotel was grand to say the least. The entrance, stairs, halls and even the rooms had crisp, expensive red carpets, wall details that glistened like gold and chandeliers to light up any room but also sparkle. The penthouse was far more luxurious than any place Y/n spent the night in, there were two fountains, a pool and balcony that looked off into the dazzling view of the city.

A gentle yet heavy hand landed upon Y/n's shoulder. Her head turned, hand coming up to push stray (h/c) strands out of her face and behind her ear. Her eyes widen as they caught sight of a stack of cash. "Here, you go kiddo."

Y/n took the money from her smiling uncle. She quickly counted through it before counting it again,  and then a third time. "Five hundred?" Her uncle nodded, and she shook her head. "Five hundred is ridiculous, holy shit Greg!" She wasn't his kid and he was just handing her so much cash. Y/n lowered her head with blush, counting out 300 mentally before handing it back to her uncle. "I'm keeping two hundred though." She smirked, making her uncle laugh and nudge her gently. "But? Why?"

"Me and Steven are going to get tailor suits, top hats and..." He counted the items on his fingers, a third finger finally shooting up. "Tap Shoes! Suits, Hats and Shoes." His hand creeped itself to the back of his head, itching bald spots. "You don't have to match us, but figured you could get something equally nice to wear... oh hell, anything I guess." Greg's smile fell for a moment before placing his hands on each of Y/n's shoulders. "Except drugs." His tone was serious.

Y/n blinked fighting the urge to look away from his eyes. Her heart seemed to stop as he pulled away and threw back his head with a loud and warm snicker of a laugh.

"I don't have to worry about you, you're a good kid." His eyes roamed past the balcony's glass double doors into the room to see Steven looking like he was debating on jumping in. Greg sighed, shoulders falling back still relaxed as he left Y/n to herself while he rushed inside. "Steven! We need to be dry for the measuring!"

Y/n chuckled and turned back to the lights, stuffing the money into her pocket.  She allowed herself to lean on the railing, silencing her thoughts for many just this moment to fully take in her soundings, it was-

"Pearl, you look amazing!" Steven gasped loudly, hands cupping his cheeks in awe at the sight of the slender gem.

Y/n was quick to turn her head, eyes glancing over Pearl before meeting them and worst of all... Steven was correct, she looked... incredible. Y/n swallowed hard, hoping she could swallow her blush as well.

Pearl stood tall in a tailcoat suit. The black coat jacket compliments her fame, granting her with not just class but elegance and grace. Y/n turned her attention quickly back to the city, thoughts impulsively popping up in her head such as...

Pearl was pretty but she was more than that. Though she hadn't talked to Y/n at nearly at all, y/n still had gotten to know her. Pearl was intelligent, not just in a way that was due to her being a gem. She was dedicated. Steven had told Y/n how Pearl had learned how to almost completely repair Greg's Van multiple times. Something Y/n couldn't imagine. Not only that, but Y/n had witnessed the skill and precision she had during Steven's training. Unfortunately, Y/n hasn't gotten the opportunity to witness a full training session, but in the glimpse she's seen, she always feels a sense of wonder and awe.