New friends, old memories

Note: Lars is totally a stoner, you can't convince me otherwise.

(n/n)-nickname

H/T: Home town/city

"Italicize"- Dialogue in regard to the past

Things had gotten a bit better. Two weeks had gone since settling into the quaint and quiet town of beach city and the anxiety of being around the gems had lessened. The majority of Y/n's time had been spent with Steven and Amethyst. Almost everyday so far, the two of them would wake her up and practically drag her to one spot or another, for the most part it was the boardwalk or the Big Donut. Luckily, Y/n didn't mind much, it allowed her to explore and she had even met a few more of Steven's friends who oddly enough were only a year or so younger than her, then again her cousin apparently wasn't enrolled in actual school so it made sense why he didn't have many friends his own age.

Although, due to Steven's training, Y/n was unable to spend all her time with her cousin. Which maybe was for the best. During his times of training or missions, Y/n would either had to Greg's car wash to spend time with her uncle or swing by the Big Donut to visit Sadie or Lars. The two employees were always there it seemed and she enjoyed their company. "Where did you say you're from again?" Sadie placed a donut in a bag before handing it to a customer. She wished them a good evening before turning her attention to Y/n who observed the various items in the cooler.

" (H/T/)." Y/n spun around and placed her back up against the cold surface of the cooler.

Lars groaned and stretched over the counter. "H/T? Must be better than growing up in a small boring town like this."

"Boring?" Y/n rolled her eyes and looked outside towards the beach. "You have aliens that live in your town."

Sadie stifled a laugh and nudged Lars. "She's got a point." She grabbed a cleaner spray and began to wipe the counters. "But Lars has a point too. Beach city hasn't always been exciting. It seems only recently things have started to get really weird."

Lars rolled his neck before straightening out his back. "Sadie I'm taking my fifthteen, I'll be out back."

Sadie hummed in response watching Lars head out the front door and around the building. Y/n glanced at the time and sighed. "I should get going, Steven's ends his training soon and I told him I would help him beat some game." She reached into her jacket pocket pulling out one of two small slips of paper. "Here by the way." Y/n slid the slip over to Sadie, containing various digits. "It's my number... In case you ever wanna hang outside of work."

Sadie's lips curved happily and she pulled out her cellphone. "Oh, thanks Y/n." The sound of her typing the information in was heard followed with the fast pace movements of her fingers. "That would be fun."

Y/n grinned back and sent a wave as she called out a "See you later!" She walked behind the building, an earthy heavy scent filling her nostrils, she knew that sent anywhere. "Lars?"

Lars stood near the dumpster, up against the wall of the Big Donut. In one hand was a lighter and in his other was a small and skinny glass pipe smoking with burnt green buds packed in it. His body shot off from the wall in a frantic movement of panic. "Ah-"

Y/n giggled and gestured her hands at him in a calm down motion. "It's okay, I don't care." She settled beside him and shifted her hand into her other pocket. "Actually, mind if I light up with you?"

It looked like the smallest blush appeared across Lars face but was quick to disappear. He was quick to shrug his shoulders and kick a peddle away from him. "Sure, why would I care?" He huffed.

Y/n glanced at him over, his orange floppy hair, his garges, and soft eyes. He was pretty cute but too bad he seemed grumpy all the time and the fact that Y/n only simply liked girls. She reached into her pocket and handed him the other small ripped piece of paper with a number on it. As he read it over, she took the lighter to the small bowl of her own small glass pipe and began inhaling the smoke.

"What's this?" Lars coughed out, smoke spilling from his mouth. He quickly moved his hands waving away the smoke.