Chapter 8

Hayley's POV:

   My family and I stare at my mate with wide eyes. "Say what?" I question in disbelief with my jaw dropping in shock.

   "Yeah. I knew from the beginning that you all were something different than humans. I uh might've sneaked a peek when you were fighting them. No human can move the way you can. Plus I noticed how pale you guys are and how your eyes change from gold to black at certain times. I'm not some dumb blonde, you know," Rosalie explains in a duh tone making Ben and I look at each other with pursed lips.

   "Perhaps we should alter our appearances next time we move somewhere," Carlisle comments and I nod agreeing.

"Probably a good idea, little brother," I respond with a heavy sigh and rub my forehead gently. Rose stares at us confused making me smile slightly since she looks so cute like that.

  "Little brother? Isn't Carlisle older than you though?" She questions confused, looking between the two of us.

I smile slightly at that, "I'm his older sister by 11 years. Ben is the oldest out of us, I'm second, Carlisle's third, Esme's fourth, then Edward's the youngest." For now, I want to say but I'm not gonna make that choice for my mate.

"For appearances Edward is the youngest with Hayley and I being the oldest of the 'kids'," Ben softly tells her, making quotations marks with his fingers when he says kids and takes a seat on a small chair in the corner.

"I see," Rosalie slowly says eyeing all of us, "Just how long have you all been alive?" Since she's not freaking out we all took a seat around the living room well I just sat down on the ground in front of her.

   "I've been 19 years old since 1648. Technically I'm 304 years old but I'm frozen at 19 years old. Carly here is 293 years old frozen in a 23 year old body. Benny boy is 309 years in a 22 year old body. Esme is 38 years old but stuck in a 26 year old body. Edward is 32 years old but stuck in a 17 year old body," I tell her and her eyes widen in shock as she looks at all of us.

Esme stands up and heads to the kitchen quickly then brings back a glass of water for Rosalie. "It's a lot to take in, honey. So take your time," she softly tells her handing over the glass and Rosalie grabs it with a grateful smile then practically chugs the water.

I smile in amusement and lean back on my hands as I watch her. She set the empty glass on the table and gracefully wipes her mouth with a napkin.

"So basically I'm in love with a 304 year old," she chuckles in disbelief and sighs heavily while running a hand through her hair. My breath hitched at her confession and from the corner of my eye I see Carlisle giving me a subtle thumbs up.

   "A sexy 304 year old, love," I quip with a charming grin and she playfully rolls her eyes with a giggle. 

  'She seems to have taken the news well' Edward comments fast where humans can't hear and the others agree.

  Rosalie's smile falls and looks at us worriedly making us stare at her confused. "What did you mean when you said you have laws to abide by? Are you guys gonna get in trouble because I know?" She quickly fires off in a worried tone.

Of course she caught that. Damn! 'Hayley, you need to tell her now' Ben tells me with vampire speed and I stiffly nod.

I stand up and hold out my hand to her, "come with me, love. I need to tell you something that's very important."

  She looks around at my family and they give her encouraging smiles so she turns back to me then set her hand in mine making me smile softly at her while gently pulling her up to stand.

   I take her upstairs to my room and close my door once we enter. Rosalie let's go of my hand and walks over to my bed, sitting on the edge as she looks at me.

"What is it, Hayley?" She softly questions making me let out a shaky breath before clearing my throat and stand in front of her.

"T-the reason you are an exception is because well, geez this is hard. Supernatural beings like my family and I have a significant other that is our other half. A mate. We aren't complete without the other. So I guess what I'm trying to say is you Rosalie Hale are my mate. In our laws mate's are an exception," I hesitantly explain messing with my fingers slightly.

   I look at her nervously feeling my heart beat erratically. If I was human that probably could've made me have a heart attack but since I'm not it just makes me feel anxious.

"I-is that why I feel this way towards you because I'm your mate?" She questions softly and looks at me with her eyebrows furrowed.

I shake my head, "no. The way you're feeling is entirely your doing. If you weren't human we would've been together already from the very beginning. Well not the very beginning but shortly after. Carlisle changed Esme because she was hurt and his mate. They didn't automatically get together. They took it at their own pace but they knew they were destined to be together. Which is what I did. Get to know you better before doing anything."

Rosalie looks deep in thought as she seems to process what I just told her. She stands up abruptly, "I'm uh, gonna need some time to fully process this. Is that ok?"

   I swallow roughly and nod. "Yeah, yeah. Of course. Um do you want to stay here in my room or in one of our spares? I could sleep downstairs on the couch or I'll sleep in the spare. It's just...I don't think you should be alone at your house where more of those thugs could be."

   She nods, "I-I'll sleep in the spare room. I just need some time." I nod watching her leave my room before I kick a wooden chair angrily and it goes flying across the room, crashing against the wall.

  I breath heavily and shake my head before deciding to take a quick calming shower. How could I be so stupid!

It's one thing to admit I like her but to tell her that she's my mate and we're destined to be together forever. What if she doesn't even want forever with me? Maybe that's why she needs space.

  After the cold and calming shower, I get dressed and lay down on my bed staring at the ceiling unknowingly doing the same thing Rosalie is doing. I move my arm behind my head and sigh heavily with my eyes closing on their own.

In the morning.......

I walk downstairs in just a shirt and pants. It's gonna be a lazy day at home today. Hopefully Rosalie is doing better with everything.

I head to the kitchen where I find the others all crowding Esme looking at a piece a paper and she looks at me sadly making me stare at her confused.

She holds out the piece of paper to me and I grab it then look at it. 'I'm sorry I had to leave. It felt too overwhelming here. I promise you that I will not say anything about your secret to anyone. I'll call or come by when I'm ready. Rosalie Hale'

I sigh heavily and set the paper down on the counter. "How could she get passed three people who never sleep?" Ben questions staring at Carlisle, Esme, and Edward.

"Rosalie's not a prisoner, Ben," Esme tells him with a shake of her head and a small frown.

"It's not their fault. Rosalie will always have a choice if she wants to stay or leave," I add sighing and turn away towards the back door.

"Where are you going, sister?" Carlisle softly calls out.

I don't turn around. "To go hunt," is all I say as I push open the door and take off my clothes, setting them aside before phasing and running into the woods.

Hope you enjoy
Sorry for any mistakes
Comment and vote
Have a good day or night
Peace out ✌🏼