Chapter 10

No One's POV:

Soft fingers gently run through long strands of brown hair making the person it belongs to moan in her sleep quietly and snuggle closer into her pillow.

  Rosalie smiles softly down at Hayley as she makes a cute soft noise in her sleep. Her smile dims as she take notice of the dark circles under Hayley's eyes.

   She frowns sadly with a quiet sigh and continues gently running her fingers through the sleeping woman's hair. "She hasn't gotten much sleep," Carlisle quietly announces as he watches his sister's mate stare at his sister's face and leans against Hayley's doorway.

   "How much can she miss until she crashes from exhaustion?" Rosalie softly questions in concern and softly pushes a strand of the hybrid's hair behind her ear.

   Carlisle mulls it over before answering, "she's never really needed sleep before. Ben and her like going to sleep just because but if they do activities non stop then they get exhausted almost like a human. In Hayley's case, she's been doing 'stuff' non-stop with only a day or two of sleep but for two weeks she has not gotten any sleep so it's taking a toll on her. She's been asleep for a whole day and she's going on a second right now."

   Rosalie frowns sadly and stands to her feet. "I'll come back tomorrow. I want her to have as much sleep as she needs," she announces then leans down planting a soft kiss on Hayley's forehead before straightening up.

"Or you could stay. Spend the night in the guest room. My sister will have my head if she knew I allowed you to leave this late in the evening," Carlisle says in a soft tone as he crosses his arms.

Rosalie bite her lip in thought before sighing. "I suppose I should stay. I don't really like going out at night anymore. Thank you, Carlisle," she quietly says making him smile at her.

  "It's not a problem. I'll go get you some extra towels," he says with a nod and walks away down the hall.

  Rosalie looks back down at Hayley who still hasn't woken up and sighs with a barely there smile. She bends down a little and plants another soft kiss on Hayley's forehead before leaving.

She walks into the guest room and sees a few towel neatly folded on the edge of the bed and smiles to herself at how caring this family is.

   Makes her wish that her own family was like this and not so controlling like her father. Her mother is scared of her father so she's in the same boat as her.

Rosalie sighs heavily as she thinks about her parents before deciding to take a shower and go to bed.

Hayley's POV:

My eyes flutter open as the sun shines through my curtains. I groan slightly and sit up in my bed while resting my head back against the headboard.

   Another lonely night. I toss my blankets aside that I'm pretty sure Carlisle put over me and head to my bathroom to take a quick shower. I'll spend today with my family before leaving to Boston to eliminate the thugs.

   I poured some shampoo in my hair and scrub. What kind of mate would I be if I let Rosalie's enemies go free to hurt her another day? This time what would happen if I'm not with her when it happens.

  She could be seriously hurt and I will not stand by to let it happen. I rinse off my hair before getting the conditioner and poured some in my hair then began scrubbing it in.

Should I go see her? What if she doesn't even want to see me. I'll be more crushed if that happens. Maybe I should just keep my distance like I've been doing and focus on the task at hand.

Keeping her safe from afar. I rinse off completely and turn off the shower before wrapping a towel around my body.

   I wipe my mirror and look at my face. The dark circles are going away so that's a good sign. I sigh heavily before grabbing my toothbrush and poured some toothpaste then began brushing my teeth.

   After a few moments I spit it in the sink then get some water and swish it around in my mouth before spitting it out in the sink again.

  I rinse off my toothbrush and put it back on the holder before getting dressed. I put my dirty clothes in the hamper before heading back to my room and put on my shoes.

   After I walk out of my room and downstairs where I find Esme cooking a pretty decent breakfast. "Good morning, Hayley. How'd you sleep?" She says then questions with a smile.

   I take a seat at the island and smile at her. "It was good. I needed the sleep more than I thought. Where are the others?" I tell her then ask and by others I mean Ben and Carlisle since I hear Edward playing the piano.

   "Carlisle is in his study working and Ben I sent to the market to get more orange juice since we ran out. And well we all hear Edward on the piano," she responds flipping over a pancake in the pan and I nod.

  "He drank it all didn't he?" I question with a chuckle making her nod while playfully rolling her eyes.

  "Yes. And in one day. I told him to save some for later but he didn't listen and now look at him. Out to the market getting more because he didn't save some," she says chuckling making me smile.

  I've missed having conversations like this with my sister in law. I play with my fingers slightly before sighing.

   "Do you think I've gone crazy? With the whole killing those thugs to protect Rosalie," I quietly ask and peak up at Esme through my eyelashes.

  She pauses slightly before continuing her doings. "Love makes people do crazy things. And for us it comes in ten times worse because of the bond between mates. So no I don't think your crazy, Hayley. Determined yes but not crazy," Esme explains smiling at me and I give her a small soft one back.

   She knows just what to say. I inhale deeply and pause while my eyes narrow as I look at her. She looks at me confused and in concern.

  "Why is Rosalie's scent in this house?" I slowly question making her eyes widen and the piano abruptly stops.

   "She was here when I was asleep," I state through clenched teeth and deep growl escapes my throat making Esme back away while looking down.

   Two gusts of air made me turn my attention to the boys, Carlisle and Edward. "Hayley, please calm down," Edward pleads with his hands out.

   I sped to my feet and I go in front of him in a millisecond, snarling angrily. "Don't tell me to calm down, boy! Where is she?! Where's my mate?!" I snarl angrily making him bar his neck to show his submission.

   Through all of this arguing well I'm mostly doing the arguing, I fail to hear and notice a heartbeat coming from the stairs.

   It's only when I hear her angelic voice do I completely come to a halt. "Hayley? Oh Hayley you're ok!," Rosalie exclaims and I turn my gaze towards her, seeing she's running down the stairs and the next thing I know she's hugging me tightly.

   I swallow thickly and look at my brother who gives me a small smile before I let out a shaky breath while wrapping my arms around Rosalie.

   Her breathing keeps hitching slightly letting me know that she's crying and that breaks my heart. I tighten my hold a little and stuff my nose in her blonde hair just breathing in her very intoxicating scent.

  It's been a month and a half since I've seen her. Since seeing her beautiful smile, gorgeous eyes, and felt her arms around me. It feels like I could breathe again.

Hope you enjoy
Sorry for any mistakes and that it's short
Comment and vote
Have a good day or night
Peace out ✌🏼