𝟎𝟕; 𝐒𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐒.. 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄.

━━━━━━

━━━━━━

𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐋𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆, the sight in front of you. Standing alongside Oda Sakunosuke, or 'Odasaku' as Dazai liked to call him which had eventually rubbed off on you from the full year of being around the said brunette.

'No other days in Yokohama underground society produced as many corpses as those 88 did.'

That was true. You and Odasaku look around, and there are indeed corpses everywhere. The streets reek of blood, the crimson red liquid staining the ground and the clothes of the dead people, lying dead on the ground.

You had never seen this many corpses caused by human conflict .. not in your full year of being affiliated with the mafia.

The sudden noise of a child crying caught both of your attention, as you exchange glances, searching for the sources of the sound. No words were exchanged as you point over into a certain direction where you knew the crying was coming from, and you both ran over.

Kneeling over the bloody corpses of a young couple, the mother cradling a small little girl in her cold, lifeless arms as her body remains still, blood staining the ground around her as the child cries.

Your expression softens, putting your spear away as you pick up the kid, who opens her eyes and stifles further loud cries, only sniffling as tears continue to threaten to fall down. Odasaku sighs as you cradle the girl in your arms, trying to calm her down.

"She's lucky to be alive in this situation." He said.

You hum as a response, combing through the girl's hair, as a static suddenly plays on the intercom, Dazai coming through shortly afterward. You place the girl down and pat her head comfortingly before listening in closely.

"Y/n, Odasaku."

"Dazai, where are you?" Odasaku asks him, putting his hand up to his ear to hear his voice over the intercom more clearly as the brunette responded.

"I have a feeling I know what you're up to, but you need to run." He says, explaining. "It's not going to be safe there for long."

Another static noise, and your ginger best friend's voice could be heard. "Piss off, scrub." He curses.

Suddenly, you hear the noise of a motorcycle-- and it indeed, was Chuuya. But the thing you didn't expect was you to be lifted off the ground by the waist and put onto the motorcycle by the ginger.

"I– Do not do that so suddenly! At least give a warning next time!" You exclaim, putting your arms around him in reflex.

"Hi, Chuuya. You're in range of the enemy." Dazai says in a playful tone. "Take some bullets and die, thanks!"

"Shut the hell up." He mutters under his breath, not going unheard by you. Seeing large circle bullets, most likely created by an ability, coming straight toward you two, he tells you to brace yourself for a bit of a rough ride.