How we got a red code (7)

I really had to go back in case something happened to Max but I don't think I want to talk to Eddie. I arrived there and Dustin was outside talking in the talkie walkie. I went to him and he seemed relieved to finally see me.

-Oh Seven, we were searching for you ! Are you ok ?

-Yes I am and you ?

-We all are. 

-Where is he ?

-Inside, you want me to call him ?

-NO. Hum, I mean there's more important things we have to do right now. So is there anything new ?

-Max saw things so he will take her soon. She wanted to do some stuff while Nancy and Robin are going to visit someone in an asylum.

-Oh well...  Maybe I should go to be with Max in case something happens.

-Or maybe you should stay with Eddie and I go there. Someone has to stay with him.

-I don't think it should be me.

-But it will be. 

With that he went to the others even if I didn't know where they were. I couldn't bring myself to go in there. I understand how stressed he can be, it's a really hard thing to live but I don't think his words were fair. I just decided to use one of my vices to relax, just as mom a little cigarette can help. I don't think I can call myself a smoker, it's just that sometimes I feel like it can be relaxing. I lit it and it made me feel so much better. 

-It's bad for you. I didn't think he would want to see me, even less talk to me. 

-Who cares ?

-I do. 

I laughed a bit and inhaled the toxic thing again. The worst is that I knew he was telling the truth, he was this kind of person that can be a little dramatic but still it burnt.

-I am not joking.

-I know.

-Fine. Hum... Listen, about earlier -

-I don't wanna talk about it. I understand your stress.

-I shouldn't have said that.

-But you did.

-I didn't think a single word of what I said, I don't even know how I came with this.

-I want you to be really honest with me. You look in my eyes and you tell me if you thought that or not, and don't dare to lie because you know I'll know it.

He turned his head to me and he had little tears forming on his eyes. 

-Of course I was not thinking it ! Sev, you changed everything ! I went to classes, I cleaned my room, I introduced you to my friends ! I actually lied to you about something. I saw you before talking to you for the first time, maybe I could even say I stalked you. But when I saw you there and that you were able to tell me everything I knew. And I still know that I love you Y/N Seven Byers ! Please forgive me.

-What did you just say ?

-Please forgive me ?

-No, no before.

-Oh ! I sa-

-I love you too Eddie. 

-So why are you crying ?

-I don't think you understand how hard it was recently, you changed everything...

-So you forgive me ?

-We don't have time for those for the moment, of course I do, forgive me too for dragging you into this.

-I am glad you did, we're stronger together. Now, will you let me hold your cheeks and kiss you ?

-I already told you you didn't need to ask anymore.

-I always will. 

With that, he took my cheeks in the palms of his hands and kissed me like he never did before. Just as we stopped and hugged each other, I heard something from the walkie. Weirdly, it wasn't one of our friends. 

-Y/N ! Y/N ! Please answer please I beg you ! Red code, red code !!!

-Will ?! What happened ??

-You were right there weren't cops Y/N. And they just attacked us at home, they killed our guards and they tried to do the same with us !

-Is Jonathan with you ? If yes, I wanna talk to him.

-Y/N ? You need to hide, they are searching for you, bad guys and very bad guys. Are you safe ?

-It's complicated. Listen, you have to keep children safe, please. And find Eleven, I can't do all that alone, we need her too.

-Of course, please stay safe, we'll meet soon no worries.

Eddie heard everything and we began to talk about what we could say to the others now that we knew it was chaos in California too. We had the opportunity to talk with Nancy and Robin and they talked about a similar tragedy that happened to a certain Victor Creel. They also said we could try music to help victims, apparently it reaches a part of the brain that nothing else can. It seemed a bit simple but maybe it was just that... 

I began to have a headache some minutes ago but thought nothing of it, the day had been really stressful so I am sure it's just that. It intensified but I still couldn't tell why until something finally came on my mind.

-Eddie, we need to contact Steve.

-Of course, when ?

-Right now.

-What's happening Sev ?

-I. Said. Right. Now.

He tried to do it but it became worse, my vision even became blurry. I was now sure that something was wrong with one of the other groups. I don't think Eddie was succeeding on contacting the others but I couldn't really hear what he was saying. I tried to walk to the door but I hadn't enough strength so I fell on the ground. 

-Hey Seven hey ! Can you hear me ? Hey ! I don't like this !!!

I knew he was talking but I had to try to focus my hearing on the other voice in my head. Vecna got Max, I understood that but the other things were so difficult to get. I felt worse every second and I knew it meant Max was in danger but my mind didn't want to go there to help her, where even was she ? 

I heard some words not clearly with a clock sound, how could it help me ? I needed to get out of it so I could go there but my mind couldn't, I was stuck until everything turned black.

I woke up five minutes later with a super worried Eddie on my side.

-Oh god, finally. What happened ? Your nose couldn't stop bleeding and I couldn't wake you up. Are you okay ?

-Eddie please calm down. It's Max, Vecna got her and I don't know if she's safe...