Ch 3

Italic = Jonah signing, bold = texting or writing

The next morning I'm woken up by my alarm going off. Silently groaning I reluctantly get up and turn the alarm off before getting up and go to shower and get dressed. Standing in the shower I look down at my inner arm and trace over the words there. On your sixteenth birthday everyone's blessed with the first words you hear your soulmate say on your body. Mines on my inner arm and Nikko's is on his back shoulder. Once I'm done showering and dressed I notice Nikko's already gone. I then notice a note on the table and some money underneath it saying that he had to go to work early and to buy me some breakfast. Checking the time and my schedule I see my first class starts in an hour. Grabbing my backpack and the money left out I go to a little cafe and order a coffee and muffin using a notebook. I then try to head to my first class but end up lost on the way. Trying to get someone's attention I start getting frustrated until a tall girl with porcelain pale skin and dark eyes approaches me. "Hi I'm Kira I noticed you trying to get ahold of someone. Do you need help?" I nod frantically and grab my notebook writing in Chinese to introduce myself and ask where my class is held. She looks it over and smiles. "I have that same class. Follow me." I immediately look relieved and relax following at her side. She chats away about how she moved here from Japan but that she coincidentally met her soulmate as her dorm mate who's also foreign and from America like me. I smile and nod along until we get to our class we taking a seat in the middle. Once class starts I take notes and listen to the professor eagerly. I'm aspiring to either be a nurse or a children's teacher for deaf and mute kids. Once class is over Kira asks for my number I giving it and then I head to my other classes before heading home. I check my messages seeing Nikko will be a little late and let out a silent huff before grabbing the emergency card from the first aid kit and then head out to buy groceries. As I grab a cart and start walking around the store gathering food we need I soon hear a squeal and the words "get that thing away from me!" Along with hearing laughter right after it. I walk around the corner to see two guys in the fruit aisle one of them holding a pineapple and the other one cringing away from it. Looking amused I go to turn into a second aisle when suddenly something hits me and knocks me forward the cart flying down the aisle and me laying in the floor with someone on top of me. Soon the presence is gone and I carefully push myself up into a sitting position and a hand is put out in front of me. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to run into you." I give a reassuring smile noticing he's wearing a mask but it's pulled down and I take his hand he helping me up. I then pull out my pocket sized notebook and pen writing that it's okay. The guy who was cowering away from fruit looks at me curiously. Suddenly the second guy who was holding the fruit skips over and the first guy smacks his arm. "Apologize for making me run into him." The second guy who's younger bows and apologizes politely his mask also pulled down below his chin. I smile and reassure him that it's okay and then introduce myself writing "I'm Kim Jonah by way." The other two look at each other before introducing themselves as Ten and Yangyang. I smile then excuse myself to go get my cart the two of them following me and assuring that they'll help. I try to protest but Ten grabs my list and Yangyang grabs the cart then starts pushing. I silently sigh and follow them they throwing items into the cart. Soon it's time to get in line to check out and I give the guys a little thanks as we're gathering bags for me to carry home. I pay then grab all six bags and wish the two guys goodbye after exchanging numbers then head home. Once I make it home I put the food away then lay down on the couch and immediately fall asleep.