it will always be you and me

"Jennie? I'm home!"

She called out for her wife, noticing how she was nowhere near.

The apartment was tranquil, a little worrying for the blonde.

Usually, Jennie would be in the living room watching TV or finishing up some work.

But she wasn't there.

"Jen?" She tried calling out for her wife once again, failing to receive any response.

Upon walking to the bedroom, she saw Jennie on top of the bed.

The room was dark with only the light coming from the laptop, and many papers and notes scattered on top of the bed, a whole mess filling up the bed.

Rosé also noticed how Jennie's body was tensed and hunched over with the laptop right in front of her. She also noticed the tired eyes and worried expression on Jennie's face.

She turned on the lights, quickly grabbing Jennie's attention.

"Rosie?" The brunette quietly called out, barely even a whisper.

Sitting beside the older girl, rubbing her back slowly; "Is everything alright, Jen?"

She looked at the blonde before looking everywhere around her, the laptop and papers surrounding the whole bed.

"It's getting harder, Rosie." Her eyes began to water as she hugged and buried her head into Rosé's neck, not wanting to show how sad she really was.

"Oh love.." Cupping Jennie's face before wiping the tear that fell. "Tell me, what's wrong?"

Taking a deep breath, she began explaining.

"I feel like I'm not working harder enough, work keeps getting harder and I feel like if I can't work hard enough I'd disappoint you."

"Jennie..."

"If I can't work harder, how am I supposed to take care of us both? Our future? Or the house we always wanted? How am I even supposed to have a family with you if I can't work harder–"

"Hey hey, Baby look at me." Gently grabbing Jennie's face to look at her.

"Jennie, you are the most hardworking person I know. And I admire how you are so hardworking, trying your best for both of us. I want you to know that you'll never disappoint me, but you're pushing yourself too hard. As much as you want to keep working, your health is so much more important. It's time for you to get a break."

"But–"

"No, you'll listen to me when I say you need a break. I know you're trying your best to work but sometimes it's best to rest. I also have work to do, so you don't need to worry about our future, our house, or everything else you're worried about. We're in this together. Remember, it will always be you and me."

Jennie began to tear up again before hugging the blonde so tightly.

"I love you so much, I love you so bad Rosie." She whispered, softly crying into the younger girl's shoulder.

"I love you too." Kissing the top of her wife's head, rubbing her back. 

"I'll call your work to tell them that you're getting the week off, whether you like it or not. You need this."

"And Jennie, please remember, I'm so proud of you for what you've already accomplished and all the things you have yet to do. No matter what happens, I'll keep loving you either way. Do you understand?"

She felt Jennie nod, beginning to steady her breathing.

"How about we put everything away and just cuddle for the rest of the night?" Rosé asked, caressing the cheek of the brunette.

"Yeah, I'd like that," Jennie responded.

Before getting up to clean, they gave each other sweet kisses, a reminder how much they love each other.

As they put away all the work, they went back to bed and held each other, so tightly that there was no space left between the two.

Jennie was about to bury her face into the blonde's neck again until she felt a pair of soft lips against her.

"I love you." Rosé murmured between each kiss.

Pulling away to look at the older girl, seeing the huge smile on her face for the first time that night. In which she tightens her hold, not wanting to let go. Staring into the eyes that she loves, and giving another kiss before she says–

"I love you more."