strawberries and pies

A shutter from a camera could be here even through the cool breeze of the wind. So carefully, so sweetly, just how it is. Carefully taking the photo out, shaking it just a bit only to see the perfect picture of brunette hair blowing in the wind with a red sundress, shining with the sun.

As she reapply her lipgloss, just enough for it to become glossy with its shine. Jennie smiles as she looks over to Rosé's shoulder, chin on it for her smile to become bigger than before. She puts her lips onto her cheek in appreciation and a small shy thank you.

They hurried their way to their favorite spot in the park. The spot where they would just sit under the huge tree that could almost cover the entire park. Where memories are buried as they had always sat at that same spot since they were kids.

Memories were made, happy or sad, it was what held them together for so long in time. As Rosé sits down with the same checkered pattern of red and white squares on top of the grass, Jennie sets down the basket filled with all sorts of foods.

Perhaps it was just Rosé being too excited for the food that she couldn't contain her happiness as she immediately opened the picnic basket, only to show her favorite strawberry pie.

"Yes!" Rosé moaned at the taste of the sweetness of the pie. So sweet, so flavorful, what is there to not love about strawberry pies? "Babe, you got to try this. It's so good, I swear." Jennie giggles at her actions, the way Rosé's eyes would close at every bite she would take. Maybe she's exaggerating or it really is that good.

"It's the same pie we would always get, silly." Jennie leans her hands behind her, letting herself set in the gorgeous view of her wife. Blonde hair all around in one direction by the cloudy weather but Jennie wouldn't have it any other way. She finds it so beautiful yet a bit funny to see the way the other enjoys her pie too much. "Gimmie some." She leans back in, just a bit.

Rosé uses her fork, taking a good amount of pie on it and makes a airplane noise, going towards Jennie's mouth which her eyes turn into a roll. She shakes her head but accepts it and suddenly, her eyes lit up by the sweetness of the strawberries in the pie.

"I told you." She takes back her fork, using it for herself now.

"Hey! Give some more." She pouts at the fact that Rosé is now hogging the pie, but for whatever reason, she sighs in defeat as she was ignored for wanting more pie. But for her, she'll let it go, just because she can tell that Rosé would just whine and pout if she took it away from her. With another shake of her head, she instead just smiles and leans back to savor the sight in front of her.

"We should come here more often. It's been too long." She states, using her finger to poke in the pie and scooping some up for it to be put into her mouth. Rosé glares at her for it, "I know, we really should. But it's not my fault for your lazy ass to be stuck on the couch all day." She smirks in victory to receive a mouth wide open, eyes offended.

Jennie scoffs, "Says the one eating all the pie." Murmuring the fact, only for the pie to be indeed all gone. But her smile stays on her brightened face, she can sacrifice some pie if it means to see the one she loves so much to stay this happy.

"But you're right," She comes back to the conversation from before, "I remember every single memory we have from this exact spot. Do you?"

"Do I? Of course I remember all of them." Jennie laughs, "To think it's been so long." They both take their time looking the space around them. The same park with the same benches around it. The same trees surrounding the park, it is all too familiar. "I remember all the fights we would have, because fuck, we were so stupid back then." She laughs again, sinking in the feeling of the memories that are flashing through her mind, she can only smile.

"Seriously, that's all you can think of?" Rosé shoves her arm playfully, not believing her for a second.

"Well of course not just that, I remember all the good ones too. How could I ever forget them when each and every one of them was with you." She turns her head fully to stare at the eyes she could never erase from her mind.

"There's one memory in particular I don't think I would ever forget, even if I could." She whispers, Jennie faces her with curiosity. "You proposed to me, right here in this park in the middle of winter just a few years ago. Remember?" She receives her own arm shoved in as the other playfully rolled her eyes, but wanting her to continue. "Even in the cold, all I could feel was you and my tears. It was everything to me. You are everything to me." Rosé takes Jennie's hand in hers and presses sweet kisses on each of her knuckles, Jennie smiles in return.

"You were so nervous, I could tell you were shaking from the nerves instead of the snow because you kept stuttering so much." Jennie turns away a bit, bright red cheeks are shown, "But I love you for that, because it showed me how much you wanted this, how much you wanted me."

"I do want you," Jennie leans all the way forward, pressing her lips onto Rosé's. No matter the million times they would kiss, it felt more than enough. "You are what I call my heart." Pecking her lips with each word she says, "What I have with you, I don't want it with anyone else."

She get's taken aback as she was pushed all the way down to the blanket, soft plump lips is all she could feel, and think as she breathes in the world she knows all to herself. Rosé chants an I know, I know. I know. whispering it too quietly, but enough for them to hear it. To feel it.