new year, new beginnings

"Come on everyone! The fireworks are starting!" Jisoo yelled out for everyone, grabbing her own wife Lisa along the way to the balcony.

Everyone, including friends and family, followed the couple to the balcony to celebrate New Year.

It was five minutes until midnight, the new year, for new beginnings.

"Come on Chae! The fireworks should be coming any minute now." The brunette said excitedly, gently grabbing Rosé's wrist and trying to get her to the balcony as soon as possible.

She was about to head to the balcony with the others but stopped once she noticed the blonde wasn't moving.

"Rosie?" She asked.

The younger girl wasn't looking at her eyes, but towards the ground with a soft smile on her beautiful face.

"How about you follow me, where it's just us?" She asked, with a small blush crawling up her face.

"Oh?" The older girl smirks, "Just us, you say...?" She asked teasingly.

"Not like that silly! Ugh, just follow me." Rosé said as she dragged Jennie to the other side of the building, where the balcony was empty.

The brunette laughed but continued to follow her wife to the other balcony, her smile growing as she continued staring at the beauty in front of her.

There they made it to the balcony, the fireworks waiting for their way to be shown in the sky.

"Hey, Rosie?" Jennie stood next to the blonde, holding her hand.

"Yes, love. What is it?"

"Uhm, well..." Jennie whispered nervously, fidgeting with her fingers.

"You can tell me anything, you know that," Rosé assures her, kissing her cheek as well.

"I know, I know." She sighs deeply, "I– well, I wanted to ask– Uh..."

"Hey," The younger girl faced the brunette, holding their hands together. "What's got you so nervous, baby?"

"Well, I wanted to ask– where do you see us in the future?" Jennie asked quietly, looking anywhere but the eyes of her lover.

Giggling at that statement, causing the older girl to pout.

She kisses away that pout anyway, "Really? That's what got you so nervous this evening?"

"Hey!– Not my fault you always have made me nervous..." She mumbled the last part.

"Well to answer your question," she turned back, facing the sky.

"I see us still married, obviously. Eventually, we will get the house we always wanted. Oh! And we will quit our current jobs so you'll probably be pursuing your photographer career, as well as I become the best new artist that anyone has ever seen of course!"

They both laughed at that last sentence.

"I see us having kids..." She turned to look at the hopeful cat-eyed girl.

"You do?" Jennie asks, with hope.

"Of course I do, I don't know how... but we'll make it work like we always did." 

She turns to look into the eyes that she loves oh so much, seeing them with slight tears in them.

She was about to lean in for a kiss when fireworks started to explode in the sky.

They both turned their heads looking up at the beautiful explosives in the dark blue atmosphere. Hearing the loud cheers coming from the other balcony.

"It's so beautiful." The blonde stares at the fireworks, admirably.

"Yeah, beautiful," Jennie responds, staring at her wife.

Rosé once again turns to look at the brunette, looking down at her lips, capturing into a kiss.

The fireworks continue to explode in the night sky, while they continue to kiss with all the love they had for one another.

"I love you." Jennie breathes, deeply.

"I love you too." Rosé smiles between the kiss, cupping her wife's cheeks and turning a different angle for a better kiss.

They pulled away once they couldn't breathe. Jennie slowly puts herself between her wife's arms burying her face into her neck. Holding each other as they continued watching the beautiful fireworks.

"I love you so much," Jennie mumbles into her neck, receiving a kiss on the forehead and tightening their hold on each other.